The Student Room Group

To study or not studying

My question is as I have chosen to do 4 A levels and I figured out it was too much to handle as my mock grades were Bio C,Chem U ,Psychology E and English lit B and considering my target grade is a B, I am obviously going to drop a subject. But where my problem comes in is that I would want to drop Chem, and carry on with bio psychology and eng lit,as I got the lowest grade in it I’m worried that they’ll tell me that somehow I’m not allowed to do this. And the thing is that I haven’t studied for chemistry that hard and if they were going to tell me this I would be in uh big trouble. What do you think I should do study for it just in case they’ll tell me psychology as a course is it too full and thus I need to carry on with chem or to no worry as they can’t force me to do a subject I don’t want to?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ItsmeDUDE
My question is as I have chosen to do 4 A levels and I figured out it was too much to handle as my mock grades were Bio C,Chem U ,Psychology E and English lit B and considering my target grade is a B, I am obviously going to drop a subject. But where my problem comes in is that I would want to drop Chem, and carry on with bio psychology and eng lit,as I got the lowest grade in it I’m worried that they’ll tell me that somehow I’m not allowed to do this. And the thing is that I haven’t studied for chemistry that hard and if they were going to tell me this I would be in uh big trouble. What do you think I should do study for it just in case they’ll tell me psychology as a course is it too full and thus I need to carry on with chem or to no worry as they can’t force me to do a subject I don’t want to?

Hey @ItsmeDUDE!

I think you should just wait and see what they say. Do you know when will you find out exactly? :smile:

Surely they would want you to drop Chemistry though, so that their statistics regarding their pupil's grades are better? I'm pretty sure my school encouraged us to drop our 'worst' subject.

Courtney -- Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 2
yes i know the date its on the 22 of august, they cant force you to carry on with a subject when you dont want to?
Do NOT do 4. It's not worth it
Reply 4
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
Do NOT do 4. It's not worth it

Yeh I kinda did not know what I was getting my self into when starting year 12 and doing 4 A levels but yeh im going to definitely going to drop chem but I have a question, they cant force you to carry on with a subject when you dont want to?
Original post by ItsmeDUDE
Yeh I kinda did not know what I was getting my self into when starting year 12 and doing 4 A levels but yeh im going to definitely going to drop chem but I have a question, they cant force you to carry on with a subject when you dont want to?

No they can't but if you do 4 and drop one then they shouldn't mind

Quick Reply

Latest