5hakil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was just wondering if I’m getting points on my license. I was pulled over for doing 100mph on a 40mph road. One officer told me I was going to get points, he took my license and went to his unmarked police car. Another officer came and spoke to me and said to me to apply for an oyster and stuff. Then he walked up to my face and said regardless of the situation you shouldn’t be driving like that and endangering lives. He then handed me my licence and told me to pull out carefully. I was very apologetic and not hostile at all.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you are most likely to get 3 points and a fine...just dont do it again
5hakil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
But I was reading online, that they should give you a piece if paper on the spot or they let you know you’re getting a caution or a nip?
PakScarz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
100mph on a 40, not even the motorway. Deffo getting points mate. Drive safely maybe? Not too much to ask.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you were actually caught doing 100 in a 40 then thats 6 points/disqualification/fine or a combination of the three. Verbal warnings are not sufficient.
If you have exaggerated your speed then it’s possible for a verbal warning to be issued.
danc1456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
your licence will be gone. What will happen is that you will get a court summons and where they will probably take your licence away. You can only get points for speeding by so much and anything above is court summons. If im not mistaken i believe that if you do over 100mph on the motorway that will result in a summons.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should be preparing to use public transport or walk. If the judge has any respect for human life, you should be banned from driving.
JJJJJAAAAMES
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
troll
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 5hakil)
I was just wondering if I’m getting points on my license. I was pulled over for doing 100mph on a 40mph road. One officer told me I was going to get points, he took my license and went to his unmarked police car. Another officer came and spoke to me and said to me to apply for an oyster and stuff. Then he walked up to my face and said regardless of the situation you shouldn’t be driving like that and endangering lives. He then handed me my licence and told me to pull out carefully. I was very apologetic and not hostile at all.
Bye bye licence. I'll be glad to see you off the roads!
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
doomed and/or troll /thread /account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise