Has anyone got like a full list of clearing grades from unis? Thanks
Reply 61
Original post by Euphoria101
Yeah, I think even for Extra they said they’d accept AAA

Makes you wonder why they don't just say AAA all along really :rolleyes:
Reply 62
Original post by Flamingcheetos
Has anyone got like a full list of clearing grades from unis? Thanks

Post number 23 of this thread is what we know so far. I'm hoping to update it tomorrow as more unis reveal their clearing grades or students share information on TSR
Original post by harrysbar
Makes you wonder why they don't just say AAA all along really :rolleyes:

I think it’s the same reason Liverpool increased their offer...I think it’s so that applicants think it must be an elite university because the entry requirements are as high as UCL, LSE, KCL, etc.
Reply 64
I think it’s the same reason Liverpool increased their offer...I think it’s so that applicants think it must be an elite university because the entry requirements are as high as UCL, LSE, KCL, etc.

Still shaking my head over Liverpool....will be interesting to see what they ask for tomorrow
Still shaking my head over Liverpool....will be interesting to see what they ask for tomorrow

Bro Liverpool definitely screwed up imo. I won’t be surprised if they receive much fewer applications next year. It was such a good insurance choice/RG with lower requirements. It’s so odd because I always saw it as a BBB university (which doesn’t mean it’s bad, just making the point that it doesn’t make sense that they’d increase their requirements).

I’d be interested though to see if they accept students with around ABB...I’m sure they would, but who knows?
Reply 66
LSE have confirmed they won’t be in Clearing or Adjustment
LSE have confirmed they won’t be in Clearing or Adjustment

No surprise there tbh
Reply 68
No surprise there tbh

No but some people are still talking about phoning them up to beg so you know.... please don’t
No but some people are still talking about phoning them up to beg so you know.... please don’t

Really?! I thought it was a known rule that LSE doesn't do adjustment/clearing so didn't think that there was anyone that would even try:s-smilie:
Reply 70
Really?! I thought it was a known rule that LSE doesn't do adjustment/clearing so didn't think that there was anyone that would even try:s-smilie:

I’ve seen a few questions around TSR on it, not specifically for Law

what's the point :l

it sounds like the usual 'hey we don't get to be picky and pls come to us we really need your money and we pinky promise that our 'blended teaching' is as good as face to face teaching'
Original post by EU Yakov
what's the point :l

it sounds like the usual 'hey we don't get to be picky and pls come to us we really need your money and we pinky promise that our 'blended teaching' is as good as face to face teaching'

I think they’re trying to a quick ‘please consider us and apply via clearing or adjustment tomorrow’ announcement😶

I’ll be interested to know what kinds of grades they (and other unis) accept tomorrow!
I think they’re trying to a quick ‘please consider us and apply via clearing or adjustment tomorrow’ announcement😶

I’ll be interested to know what kinds of grades they (and other unis) accept tomorrow!

i'm just an extra cynic having done the LPC in 'blended' and then fully online mode this year

it's really not as good as the real thing and any uni that targets posts to underrepresented groups while pretending the opposite ought to choke and die
Original post by EU Yakov
i'm just an extra cynic having done the LPC in 'blended' and then fully online mode this year

it's really not as good as the real thing and any uni that targets posts to underrepresented groups while pretending the opposite ought to choke and die

Sounds tough tbf, I don't blame you. Unfortunately though most universities are doing a blended approach so I think they just had a lot of requests to defer which is why they put out that statement (right before tomorrow).

I do think it's inappropriate (for a lack of a better term) that they're trying to target certain groups...

Liverpool are having a surge in applications for Law, hence the increased entry requirements. More and more students are getting TCs at top firms, so I do think they're trying to become more 'elite'.
Reply 77
Original post by Edminzodo
Liverpool are having a surge in applications for Law, hence the increased entry requirements. More and more students are getting TCs at top firms, so I do think they're trying to become more 'elite'.

No offence to Liverpool students or staff and there's absolutely no reason why their students wouldn't be successful at getting TCs at top firms but it just seems a strange decision to try to become more "elite" because that means having to compete with the likes of Nottingham, York, Birmingham, Sheffield etc. Unlike those unis, Liverpool are known to accept lots of students with B grades, which makes them an ideal Insurance choice for lots of bright students.

I think if they are enjoying a surge in applications they should carry on exploiting their positive points in the unis market which I see as being a Russell Group uni (which appeals to many) in a lively and relatively cheap city with more achievable grades than most of their competitors in the RG. They may gain some new students by asking for AAA, but personally I think they will scare off more potential applicants than they will gain.
No offence to Liverpool students or staff and there's absolutely no reason why their students wouldn't be successful at getting TCs at top firms but it just seems a strange decision to try to become more "elite" because that means having to compete with the likes of Nottingham, York, Birmingham, Sheffield etc. Unlike those unis, Liverpool are known to accept lots of students with B grades, which makes them an ideal Insurance choice for lots of bright students.

I think if they are enjoying a surge in applications they should carry on exploiting their positive points in the unis market which I see as being a Russell Group uni (which appeals to many) in a lively and relatively cheap city with more achievable grades than most of their competitors in the RG. They may gain some new students by asking for AAA, but personally I think they will scare off more potential applicants than they will gain.

I think previously, when they were asking for ABB and often accepting applicants with BBB, this meant that students weren't eligible to apply for VSs and TCs at top firms. I didn't do Law so I'm no expert, by the way, just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how things play out but apparently they continue to be very popular.

I agree...if they had to increase their requirements, surely they could've just increased it by ONE grade??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending