Want more information about this university?

Msc Finance Lancaster v/s Strathclyde v/s Loughborough v/s Exeter

Watch
Poll: Msc Finance Lancaster v/s Strathclyde v/s Loughborough v/s Exeter
Lancaster University (0)
0%
University of Strathclyde (0)
0%
santhoshkumar.b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I have offers for Msc Finance course from Lancaster, Strathclyde, Loughborough and Exeter Unis. I am a little confused as to which one choose between Lancaster and Strathclyde. I would like to find a part-time job during my course and land a permanent job post graduation. I am from India and considering the PSW I know I have adequate time. However, I am favoured towards Strath because of Glasgow location.
Please advise me.
Last edited by santhoshkumar.b; 1 month ago
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by santhoshkumar.b)
Hello,
I have offers for Msc Finance course from Lancaster, Strathclyde, Loughborough and Exeter Unis. I am a little confused as to which one choose between Lancaster and Strathclyde. I would like to find a part-time job during my course and land a permanent job post graduation. I am from India and considering the PSW I know I have adequate time. However, I am favoured towards Strath because of Glasgow location.
Please advise me.
Hi santhoshkumar.b,
Congrats on your offers.
What kind of things would you like to know in order for you to make a decision?
Whilst at Lancaster, I've had lots of part time jobs, both on campus and in town, you can read a blog about finding part time work here.
At Lancaster, we have a college system so you would be part of Graduate college. This means if you want to live on campus, you'll be living with other graduates and alongside the accommodation is graduate only study and social spaces, as well as additional grad-only study spaces in the library and in town. You also have the elected JCR who run events for the college and also offer welfare and support. This means it should be easy to meet with and connect with other graduate students.
There's some YouTube videos about being a grad student such as a day in the life and two grad students talking about the transition from undergrad to grad.
Hope this information was useful and let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (173)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (141)
31.13%
Look for a job (16)
3.53%
Consider an apprenticeship (20)
4.42%
Take a year out (76)
16.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.96%

Watched Threads