the_icy_goldfish
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
So this question is for the people who got into Cambridge for Engineering, I would really like your help please
So I want to go to Cambridge but my GCSEs were pretty bad (8(english lang),7,7,7,6,6,6,5) and my Year 12 grades weren't great (A,B,B).
I have the whole summer to sort myself out and I might be able to get predicted A*, A, A MAX but I just don't know what do to!
What would be your advice for getting in, what should I do for my personal statement and what did you do, and what grades I would need, and how competitive is it? Im also taking physics, maths and business because my school wouldn't offer bio with that combo but do I HAVE to do further? Will it make a difference? And would I even stand a chance?!
Honestly this is my dream school and I want to get in so bad!
Sophhhowa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A typical offer is A*A*A and most successful applicants will have FM (+maths, phys and chem). You’d have to be able to get at least A*A*A especially as you’re only taking 3 subjects and you’d need to do well in the engaa. They aren’t that bothered by GCSEs as long as your a levels are amazing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (198)
38.9%
Take autumn exams (155)
30.45%
Look for a job (17)
3.34%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.13%
Take a year out (88)
17.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed