Digital marketing level 3 apprenticeship or full time job with training?

Watch
WayOfHannah
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I’m currently looking at different options as I have a level 3 qualification in health and social care. Since leaving college I’ve decided to not go university and work as I am enjoying earning money and don’t feel university is right for me as I’m not sure what I want to do as a career yet. I’ve been looking for other jobs as my job is a part time contract but I am doing full time hours in a supermarket and I want different experience and something with a full time contract. In my spare time I’ve been looking at apprenticeships, full time job adverts but nothing has shown up just a few apprenticeships. Ideally I would love to find a full time job that offers training and space to work up the ladder rather than doing another level 3 qualification and an apprenticeship with minimum wage. I’m currently doing free online courses and one of them being digital marketing with google. Just wondering whether it would be best for me to keep searching for jobs as they become available and stick to doing different online courses to find what I like and boost my cv or should I consider doing a level 3 apprenticeship in digital marketing or any level 3 apprenticeship? I’m currently stuck on what to do but I don’t want to keep my current job I’m wanting to leave as I find it no longer benefits me to grow anymore I’m just staying due to the money.
nasri_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WayOfHannah)
Hi everyone, I’m currently looking at different options as I have a level 3 qualification in health and social care. Since leaving college I’ve decided to not go university and work as I am enjoying earning money and don’t feel university is right for me as I’m not sure what I want to do as a career yet. I’ve been looking for other jobs as my job is a part time contract but I am doing full time hours in a supermarket and I want different experience and something with a full time contract. In my spare time I’ve been looking at apprenticeships, full time job adverts but nothing has shown up just a few apprenticeships. Ideally I would love to find a full time job that offers training and space to work up the ladder rather than doing another level 3 qualification and an apprenticeship with minimum wage. I’m currently doing free online courses and one of them being digital marketing with google. Just wondering whether it would be best for me to keep searching for jobs as they become available and stick to doing different online courses to find what I like and boost my cv or should I consider doing a level 3 apprenticeship in digital marketing or any level 3 apprenticeship? I’m currently stuck on what to do but I don’t want to keep my current job I’m wanting to leave as I find it no longer benefits me to grow anymore I’m just staying due to the money.
Hi Hannah. Have a look on Gov.uk, here's the link. https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...pprenticeships. I highly recommend searching for degree apprenticeships which is a level 6 apprenticeship as opposed to level 3. And to put it simply, you go to university one day a week and work for four days. The employer pays your university fees, provides a salary and you get direct experience in a relevant industry. You basically get ahead of life by 3 years.

In you're case, this is a fulltime commitment program, that offers training and gets you up the ladder. However, I don't think there are many health and social related ones but there are many business-related and digital/IT-related courses.

The time to apply though is Now.
WayOfHannah
Rep:
?
(Original post by nasri_)
Hi Hannah. Have a look on Gov.uk, here's the link. https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...pprenticeships. I highly recommend searching for degree apprenticeships which is a level 6 apprenticeship as opposed to level 3. And to put it simply, you go to university one day a week and work for four days. The employer pays your university fees, provides a salary and you get direct experience in a relevant industry. You basically get ahead of life by 3 years.

In you're case, this is a fulltime commitment program, that offers training and gets you up the ladder. However, I don't think there are many health and social related ones but there are many business-related and digital/IT-related courses.

The time to apply though is Now.
Yeah I understand what you mean, I guess my main issue is... like university I don’t 100% know what I want to do yet so I don’t know if I should commit to a degree apprenticeship if there’s a chance I might change my mind half way through
nasri_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WayOfHannah)
Yeah I understand what you mean, I guess my main issue is... like university I don’t 100% know what I want to do yet so I don’t know if I should commit to a degree apprenticeship if there’s a chance I might change my mind half way through
Same, I don't know what I want either lol.

Might as well use your online digital marketing course, start promoting local businesses as a new digital marketer charging small amounts, keep going and then land some big clients and charge them 25k a month and then purchase a property, charge rent and you got passive income with you're additional marketing revenue and boom! Life sorted.
WayOfHannah
Rep:
?
Same, I don't know what I want either lol.

Might as well use your online digital marketing course, start promoting local businesses as a new digital marketer charging small amounts, keep going and then land some big clients and charge them 25k a month and then purchase a property, charge rent and you got passive income with you're additional marketing revenue and boom! Life sorted.
If only everything was as straight forward as that 😂 I appreciate the advice though, I’ve been searching job market whilst still doing my online courses to see what’s available because right now I’m just desperate to get away from my current job 😂
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I felt that way about university and had the same options, but chose to start an apprenticeship. Looking back, the two main benefits were:

• completing the apprenticeship gave me the qualifications and experience to go to university if I changed my mind (I did).
• the apprenticeship contract guarantees and enforced the employer to give you training to a certain level of competence. You get more reassurance that your training will be sufficient.
nasri_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What website are you using for your online digital marketing course, and are they good?
WayOfHannah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chris2892)
I felt that way about university and had the same options, but chose to start an apprenticeship. Looking back, the two main benefits were:

• completing the apprenticeship gave me the qualifications and experience to go to university if I changed my mind (I did).
• the apprenticeship contract guarantees and enforced the employer to give you training to a certain level of competence. You get more reassurance that your training will be sufficient.
Thank you for the reply, I have good level 3 grades all D* because even though I didn’t enjoy college and sitting in a classroom I still made sure I got my grades right. I applied for universities twice and decided to retract my application due to being unsure about what I wanted and later realising the course wasn’t exactly a subject that would’ve gotten me to a good career anyways because it isn’t needed for any job... the subject I mean. Straight out of college I applied for an investigator trainee programme job from the police but didn’t hear anything back which is why I’m waiting to see if they open up again because I found that interesting. That’s the main reason I don’t want to do an apprenticeship right now because I’m indecisive and you have to commit to them for 18 months don’t you?. Like I say I’ve been looking at online courses in different things to add to my CV and get a feel for what I enjoy. I enjoy playing sports too but that’s another thing where I’d rather play the sport than teach it etc. I just don’t know if doing an apprenticeship would be better for me compared to looking for a full time job and being patient about finding what I like for now?

What website are you using for your online digital marketing course, and are they good?
At the moment I’m doing one on google digital garage it’s got 26 modules and is really informative.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads