Do you believe that everyone deserves forgiveness?

Watch
anubha299
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't think everyone deserves it but you deserve it to yourself. A grudge is a heavy feeling, so forgiveness isn't necessarily always for the person who has done you wrong, forgiveness is for your peace of mind too. And forgiveness doesn't always mean reconnection, you can forgive someone and you can always cut them off
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anubha299)
I don't think everyone deserves it but you deserve it to yourself. A grudge is a heavy feeling, so forgiveness isn't necessarily always for the person who has done you wrong, forgiveness is for your peace of mind too. And forgiveness doesn't always mean reconnection, you can forgive someone and you can always cut them off
It depends, some things are unforgivable. If it’s someone I felt I could get over, I would always would try.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Nah I think this depends on a few factors.

I knew someone for over 10 years, we were very close friends. Had an argument where he disagreed with my opinion and was being really overly emotional. I put up with his emotional outages for years and years. He texted me after I left saying I'm a vicious person and him and his gf proceeded to unfriend me on all social media.

It was almost like an insult to the core for me. Like an insult to my very being and who I am as a person, a pure lie. Reason is I have never, nor will I ever, hurt someone else. It is simply not in my nature and he should know that.

About 6 or 7 years later he messaged me on social media saying he was sorry and that he was an ass...

I don't forgive someone when you have been close friends for such a long long time and knows you so well, and the person insults you so deeply. Simply have no time for that drama **** at all.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think something should be held against someone who has shown proper remorse, meaning someone who has done what they can to make up for what they did.
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they show remorse like awkwardshortguy described then it’s fine in my view.
If they repeatedly do the crime (or it is very serious) and refuse to take responsibility and change their ways or show no remorse, I cannot forgive them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads