Ami12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am going to regret this. I literally suck at everything. I'm never going to pass my gcse I'm in year 10 I havent done anything in quarantine. Summer is coming up. My body doesn't look great. Teachers hate me and I want to enjoy myself instead of spending my life in tiktok. I want to be aesthetic and have nice clothes and stuff and look cute but I literally look like **** 24/7. I don't know what else to say. Bye
tae155
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i havent studied either. im really behind cuz i joined late. im super depressed about that but dont worry.
chloenix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
-Year 10 means absolutely nothing for GCSEs and I mean absolutely nothing. I did no revision in Year 10, didn't even listen in lessons and I still managed to get 8s and 9s. Just do some light revision over the summer. Ask your teachers what topics you should look at. You will be fine I 100000000000% promise you.

-When you say: 'my body doesn't look great', what do you mean? It's not natural to have tiny tiny waists and no fat like a lot of girls on social media do. That is simply a question of genetics and nothing you can do will get you to that point. However, if you just want to get a bit more fit in general: start eating healthier and perhaps do some exercise if you want to be more confident in your body but do not go overboard. There are healthy ways to loose weight, speak to a parent about this if you're unsure! Also on the bright side you have an entire summer to get fit!

-Teachers don't hate you, trust me. Be nice and polite to them. Focus in their lessons and they will like you. Also, does that really matter?

-I think everyone spends their lives on Tiktok these days, me too! I would suggest deleting the app for a bit of a detox. I did that a month ago and it was really refreshing. Only just got it back and I've been spending less time than before. Trust me, even if it's only for a few days it helps

-I know the struggle of wanting aesthetic clothes! But, you're in Year 10. You wear school uniform so there's no need to have loads of outfits. It's honestly ridiculous how girls on Tiktok have soooo many expensive clothes! I'd advise you to accept your reality, that that is expensive and a collection like that takes a while to build up! Over the summer, just buy clothes that you like if you have the money! It's not hard and you can build up your wardrobe bit by bit!

-I'm sure you look absolutely beautiful!

Also a bit of an edit. Everyone has these types of days. Whether you're 14 or 32 it happens to the best of us! Happiness comes in ups and downs. Please try and connect with some friends. Go watch a film with your family. It'll pass. Tomorrow you'll feel better. When I'm feeling like this I like to plan out my future, I think it helps.
My final message is stop comparing yourself to girls on social media. It's hard but it will make you happier. Sending my love
Last edited by chloenix; 1 month ago
Free81
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloenix)
-Year 10 means absolutely nothing for GCSEs and I mean absolutely nothing. I did no revision in Year 10, didn't even listen in lessons and I still managed to get 8s and 9s. Just do some light revision over the summer. Ask your teachers what topics you should look at. You will be fine I 100000000000% promise you.

-When you say: 'my body doesn't look great', what do you mean? It's not natural to have tiny tiny waists and no fat like a lot of girls on social media do. That is simply a question of genetics and nothing you can do will get you to that point. However, if you just want to get a bit more fit in general: start eating healthier and perhaps do some exercise if you want to be more confident in your body but do not go overboard. There are healthy ways to loose weight, speak to a parent about this if you're unsure! Also on the bright side you have an entire summer to get fit!

-Teachers don't hate you, trust me. Be nice and polite to them. Focus in their lessons and they will like you. Also, does that really matter?

-I think everyone spends their lives on Tiktok these days, me too! I would suggest deleting the app for a bit of a detox. I did that a month ago and it was really refreshing. Only just got it back and I've been spending less time than before. Trust me, even if it's only for a few days it helps

-I know the struggle of wanting aesthetic clothes! But, you're in Year 10. You wear school uniform so there's no need to have loads of outfits. It's honestly ridiculous how girls on Tiktok have soooo many expensive clothes! I'd advise you to accept your reality, that that is expensive and a collection like that takes a while to build up! Over the summer, just buy clothes that you like if you have the money! It's not hard and you can build up your wardrobe bit by bit!

-I'm sure you look absolutely beautiful!

Also a bit of an edit. Everyone has these types of days. Whether you're 14 or 32 it happens to the best of us! Happiness comes in ups and downs. Please try and connect with some friends. Go watch a film with your family. It'll pass. Tomorrow you'll feel better. When I'm feeling like this I like to plan out my future, I think it helps.
My final message is stop comparing yourself to girls on social media. It's hard but it will make you happier. Sending my love
Good advice!!!

Ami12, It's not too late to start doing a bit of studying over the summer. When I was doing my GCSE'S I bunked off so much due to bullying (this was back in the days when you could get away with bunking off to an extent) but I eventually knuckled down at home when it came to exam time and made myself a revision time table and stuck to jt and managed 4 A's and 5 B's. You've got loads of time before you go back for year 11 to just read up on a few things. And then you've got the whole of year 11 to really learn the content. It might all seem overwhelming now, but just break it down into chunks and don't set yourself any crazy goals for the summer.

Try and get out for a walk most days for some exercise. It will help how you're feeling too and release some endorphins which help with low mood.

You won't feel like this forever. It will pass and you'll have days where you'll feel more positive and be able to crack on with some things. On the days you're feeling a bit meh, just accept it and give yourself a bit of self care, and get a good night's sleep and hopefully the following day will be a bit brighter for you <3
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when I feel like this I write down my worries and concrete actions to fix them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (59)
25%
Better than expected (50)
21.19%
Worse than expected (127)
53.81%

Watched Threads