josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi I'm in year 12 and applying for apprenticeship in 2021 when I leave sixth form but I'm also applying to an HND at Kingston college. When do I apply for student finance and can I cancel my application if I get an apprenticeship
josie71202
Rep:
?
bump
josie71202
Rep:
?
Anyone? I really need some help
justjas33
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you apply at around January - February, more sure that it’s Feb though. I’m in y12 myself so I’m not sure about cancelling ur application if you get an apprenticeship, but I would imagine that it’s possible! Wait for more concrete advice on that though😅
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by justjas33)
I think you apply at around January - February, more sure that it’s Feb though. I’m in y12 myself so I’m not sure about cancelling ur application if you get an apprenticeship, but I would imagine that it’s possible! Wait for more concrete advice on that though😅
OK thanks
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi

When does your course start? If its this September i would be applying right now, you can cancel it if you do not need it.
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shirohige)
Hi

When does your course start? If its this September i would be applying right now, you can cancel it if you do not need it.
it starts in September 2021
thanks for information about cancelling
josie71202
Rep:
?
I also find the student finance calculator complex as I have different fees for each year
Shirohige
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josie71202)
it starts in September 2021
thanks for information about cancelling
Ahhh so you will apply next year once they open I havent used the calc so cannot comment unfortunately
josie71202
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shirohige)
Ahhh so you will apply next year once they open I havent used the calc so cannot comment unfortunately
OK thanks anyway
Milly1988
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josie71202)
Hi I'm in year 12 and applying for apprenticeship in 2021 when I leave sixth form but I'm also applying to an HND at Kingston college. When do I apply for student finance and can I cancel my application if I get an apprenticeship
For a September 2021 start you can apply for student finance around Christmas time I think. I'm sure if you just called up student finance you'd easily be able to cancel your application.
Shirohige
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Milly1988)
For a September 2021 start you can apply for student finance around Christmas time I think. I'm sure if you just called up student finance you'd easily be able to cancel your application.
Hey.

It'll likely be Feb/March I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (79)
38.73%
Take autumn exams (68)
33.33%
Look for a job (6)
2.94%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.43%
Take a year out (31)
15.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.37%

Watched Threads