When will we receive our Autumn A-level results? Uni predicament.

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied at a university I really wanted to attend and was fortunate enough to be offered a place at the uni. However as an individual applicant my exams are to be held in October and the university said they would Be able to wait 6 weeks(till 2nd November) from the 21st of September for me to receive my results. Otherwise if I am not able to provide my results, matching the course requirements, I would not be granted a place at the University.
Theres no information on the AQA website. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know when we receive our result or when we take our exams. I need to come up with a decision soon.
Any help appreciated
Kogomogo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can the uni defer your entry until next year at worst?
amber2106
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Can the uni defer your entry until next year at worst?
Unfortunately I'm already on a gap year and not in a position where I can defer, I also applied for uni starting in January n recieved offers but I don't want to go there really, seems like my only choice .
Lightning720
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exam boards think they should be able to get results out before Christmas if the exams take place in October.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber2106)
I applied at a university I really wanted to attend and was fortunate enough to be offered a place at the uni. However as an individual applicant my exams are to be held in October and the university said they would Be able to wait 6 weeks(till 2nd November) from the 21st of September for me to receive my results. Otherwise if I am not able to provide my results, matching the course requirements, I would not be granted a place at the University.
Theres no information on the AQA website. I don't know what to do. Does anyone know when we receive our result or when we take our exams. I need to come up with a decision soon.
Any help appreciated
If you sit exams in the autumn you are highly unlikely to get in this year. The results probably wont be out until December or end of November at the earliest.

What I would add is that almost every university for the past few years has accepted students with dropped grades. Our stats expert on here has pointed out on numerous occasions that 40% of students going to university get in with 2 or more grades below their offer and I would expect that will apply this year as well.

This doesnt apply to the very top 1/2 dozen or so universities and over subscribed courses like Medicine or Dentistry but otherwise dont give up hope. Universities need to fill spaces and nobody knows what grades they will end accepting.
Sophhhowa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Either ask ur uni to wait longer or you’ll have to defer
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber2106)
Any help appreciated
The exact dates of results being released hasn't been confirmed yet, but the current plan is for the results to come out in December- it's extremely unlikely any results would be available by 2nd November.

I think you are better off asking the uni to defer your place until 2021 if they are willing to do this.

I know it's a rubbish situation to be in, though.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
If you sit exams in the autumn you are highly unlikely to get in this year. The results probably wont be out until December or end of November at the earliest.

What I would add is that almost every university for the past few years has accepted students with dropped grades. Our stats expert on here has pointed out on numerous occasions that 40% of students going to university get in with 2 or more grades below their offer and I would expect that will apply this year as well.

This doesnt apply to the very top 1/2 dozen or so universities and over subscribed courses like Medicine or Dentistry but otherwise dont give up hope. Universities need to fill spaces and nobody knows what grades they will end accepting.
The OP is a private applicant and it sounds like they won't be receiving grades in the summer at all- so the autumn exams will be their earliest option to get grades.

It's a bit of a different situation to dropping a few grades on results day.
Last edited by SarcAndSpark; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (62)
23.94%
Better than expected (55)
21.24%
Worse than expected (142)
54.83%

Watched Threads