anxiety medication

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
whenever i have my medication (propanolol) for anxiety, it feels like my heart isn't there. i don't feel anything like i usually do.

is this how someone is meant to feel normally?
Blueclueless
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
whenever i have my medication (propanolol) for anxiety, it feels like my heart isn't there. i don't feel anything like i usually do.

is this how someone is meant to feel normally?
When you say “my heart isn’t there” do you mean that you can’t feel your heart beat? If yes that is normal

I’m on the same meds but it’s not really working out for me, what type do you have? 10 or 20?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blueclueless)
When you say “my heart isn’t there” do you mean that you can’t feel your heart beat? If yes that is normal

I’m on the same meds but it’s not really working out for me, what type do you have? 10 or 20?
I was prescribed 40mg, allowed twice a day, but just have it once. It just feels like I don’t feel anything... I guess I must have been anxious around the clock without really realising!

Having anxiety was just a continuous problem to my health and life in general. Whilst these little tablets don’t fix everything, they alleviate a lot of the problems I think I was having.

I still need to reorganise my thoughts and make my mind better.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Why is it just me that it doesn’t work for? I’m starting to get extremely upset. I’m on 40mg 3 times a day but my anxiety attacks are still severe.
Frazzle27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was prescribed 40mg, allowed twice a day, but just have it once. It just feels like I don’t feel anything... I guess I must have been anxious around the clock without really realising!

Having anxiety was just a continuous problem to my health and life in general. Whilst these little tablets don’t fix everything, they alleviate a lot of the problems I think I was having.

Perhaps, before you started on the meds you had palpitations (where you were aware of your heartbeat) as a result of the anxiety and now the propranolol is alleviating this symptom so you are now 'normal'?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Frazzle27)
Perhaps, before you started on the meds you had palpitations (where you were aware of your heartbeat) as a result of the anxiety and now the propranolol is alleviating this symptom so you are now 'normal'?
I think so! I just always thought having these constant palpitations was normal... it’s quite shocking really
Anonymous #1
There are many different medication for anxiety, and maybe this one isn’t the right fit! Talk to your GP (even if it’s scary) and they might prescribe something different that works better.

I just got lucky this dealt with the major issue for me.

I feel propanolol deals with more physical symptom. Antidepressants and other things are described for things that are upset with the mind, even for people with anxiety.

I think my anxiety just became an unconscious part of me, that’s why I needed the physical reactions to go away. I still have moments where I overthink and worry a lot, especially in social situations, so I’m trying to make my mind healthier
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
There are many different medication for anxiety, and maybe this one isn’t the right fit! Talk to your GP (even if it’s scary) and they might prescribe something different that works better.

I just got lucky this dealt with the major issue for me.

I feel propanolol deals with more physical symptom. Antidepressants and other things are described for things that are upset with the mind, even for people with anxiety.

I think my anxiety just became an unconscious part of me, that’s why I needed the physical reactions to go away. I still have moments where I overthink and worry a lot, especially in social situations, so I’m trying to make my mind healthier
But it doesn’t even help my physical symptoms. I’m glad it worked for you.
Blueclueless
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

That’s good and it’s good that you’re aware, normally you shouldn’t be able to hear or feel your heartbeat unless you’ve done some hard exercise so it def wasn’t normal before you took your meds

I’m glad you’re doing better!!!

Name:  D444A961-49A9-4562-8964-08186346108E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 7
Size:  70.1 KB

Here’s a photo of a hedgehog I found to make you smile!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (80)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (71)
34.13%
Look for a job (6)
2.88%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.37%
Take a year out (31)
14.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.25%

Watched Threads