?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
have u guys signed up? it won't let me past the second step
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The only thing is that it doesn't really give clarity about what exactly you will do after the first stage (helping charities) It just doesn't give enough info for it to personally appeal to me
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
The only thing is that it doesn't really give clarity about what exactly you will do after the first stage (helping charities) It just doesn't give enough info for it to personally appeal to me
hmm yeah I didnt really understand it- they should've been clearer
the thing is I have another course thing during the same period of time, so I'm not sure If i wanna do NCS or the course.
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which one is more time worthy/personally beneficial.

PS, I just realised that you're from the group chat about A-levels/supposed to be about A-levels
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Which one is more time worthy/personally beneficial.

PS, I just realised that you're from the group chat about A-levels/supposed to be about A-levels
wait which a level group chat?
did u mean the two hour study session things?
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just a quick point, I think NCS is helpful if you're looking to fill out a personal statement. The Social Action Project (helping charities) is super helpful for demonstrating extra-curricular responsibilities. NCS also allows those who completed social action projects to apply for Associate Mentorship (which I did) and I managed to stick that on my personal statement. I would reccomend it!
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Assembly)
Just a quick point, I think NCS is helpful if you're looking to fill out a personal statement. The Social Action Project (helping charities) is super helpful for demonstrating extra-curricular responsibilities. NCS also allows those who completed social action projects to apply for Associate Mentorship (which I did) and I managed to stick that on my personal statement. I would reccomend it!
thanks for your input I'll defo keep that in mind now
NCS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey vix.xvi 👋

Sorry you're having trouble with the second step. If you can give me further details I can try to help or you can speak with our customer service team on 0800 197 8010 - either way we can help you through this 👍Thanks, Sam 🦒
Last edited by NCS; 4 weeks ago
NCS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi 👋

JSYK there are lots of opportunities to get involved with from national organisations to local food banks, charities to corner shops, your neighbours to care homes. We'll also be organising a number of other local volunteering opportunities for you to get involved with over the next few months 😃

Thanks, Sam 🦒
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NCS)
Hey vix.xvi 👋

Sorry you're having trouble with the second step. If you can give me further details I can try to help or you can speak with our customer service team on 0800 197 8010 - either way we can help you through this 👍Thanks, Sam 🦒
hey
when I put my details in the first page, it said I already had my details so I clicked to continue my application but the 2nd page is not showing anything
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NCS)
Hey vix.xvi 👋

Name:  Screenshot_20200703-150314_Chrome.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  73.2 KB
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Obolinda)
hey
when I put my details in the first page, it said I already had my details so I clicked to continue my application but the 2nd page is not showing anything
samee
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
mine looks exactly like this
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
mine looks exactly like this
😫😫
vix.xvi
Rep:
?
😫😫
also do you know what exactly it is?
I just know its a two-week volunteering program thing, but what did they mean by the compulsory 16-hour thing?
It juts confused me tbh.
Yas031119
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bruh i was supposed to do it this august but obviously we can't now
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NCS)
Hi 👋

JSYK there are lots of opportunities to get involved with from national organisations to local food banks, charities to corner shops, your neighbours to care homes. We'll also be organising a number of other local volunteering opportunities for you to get involved with over the next few months 😃

Thanks, Sam 🦒
Hi,

Thank you for some information, but what if your county is still in lockdown and charity shops etc. are still not open

Many thanks,
Bookworm.
NCS
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi 👋

Hmm.. that doesn't sound right. Please send us a direct message with your full name, D.O.B, postcode and school so that we can look into this for you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we currently have a team trying to amend the issue, so no worries, we will have you signed up in no time!

Thanks
Sam 🦒
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (101)
37.97%
Take autumn exams (86)
32.33%
Look for a job (8)
3.01%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.38%
Take a year out (45)
16.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
6.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise