"Try, try, try again. Youll soon succeed" is a bs quote....

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I studied day and night. Throughout the whole year. To a point I was over-doing it compared to the other students. I did fairly well in my assignments in terms exams. However, I did incredibly poorly in summer 'exams'.

why... I don't understand. People around me who barely made any effort managed to achieve amazing results... Everything I worked so hard for literally ****ed up...
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let me give you another:
‘It’s studying smart, not hard’.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
Let me give you another:
‘It’s studying smart, not hard’.
My studying patterns revolved around a lot of smart methods. I just over-did them for my own sanity purposes...
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I studied day and night. Throughout the whole year. To a point I was over-doing it compared to the other students. I did fairly well in my assignments in terms exams. However, I did incredibly poorly in summer 'exams'.

why... I don't understand. People around me who barely made any effort managed to achieve amazing results... Everything I worked so hard for literally ****ed up...
A lot of people notice a difference in marks/performance between assignments and exams, so you won't be the only one.

Maybe your exam technique could use some work (i.e. you know the info, but don't know how to utilise it under exam conditions).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads