ilywys
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm thinking about doing textiles, english lit and psychology for a level. I'm kinda worried about how unis will view this combination. Does it look like I'm confused and don't know what to do?
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's a perfectly good combo? It's worth checking that you'd still meet requirements for the degrees you might wish to study in the future, but as long as you do, unis won't "judge" your combo. Take what you want to take!
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
? it depends on what degree you want to do, if you wanna do psychology or english then thats fine, if you wanna do economics or maths then no
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't understand what the problem is. Universities don't care what combination you do or if your subjects make 'sense' together. It's all about having the required subjects for the degree you want to apply for (should there be any) and meeting the grade requirements. That's all.
ilywys
Rep:
?
(Original post by becausethenight)
No, it's a perfectly good combo? It's worth checking that you'd still meet requirements for the degrees you might wish to study in the future, but as long as you do, unis won't "judge" your combo. Take what you want to take!
thank you
ilywys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
? it depends on what degree you want to do, if you wanna do psychology or english then thats fine, if you wanna do economics or maths then no
I'm torn between english, psych and fashion so it should be OK.

Thank you
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilywys)
I'm torn between english, psych and fashion so it should be OK.

Thank you
as a psych degree you really need at least 1 STEM A-level (psych counts for most courses as one of these)
ilywys
Rep:
?
K

(Original post by Quick-use)
I don't understand what the problem is. Universities don't care what combination you do or if your subjects make 'sense' together. It's all about having the required subjects for the degree you want to apply for (should there be any) and meeting the grade requirements. That's all.
Thank you

I just wasn't sure how much universities care about what subjects you do outside of the one's that are required. My family is not from the UK and my school hasn't been v helpful so I had no idea if it matters.
ilywys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
as a psych degree you really need at least 1 STEM A-level (psych counts for most courses as one of these)
Thank you 🙂

Do you think just psych would be enough for a Psychology degree or would it be better to do biology instead of textiles
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilywys)
Thank you 🙂

Do you think just psych would be enough for a Psychology degree or would it be better to do biology instead of textiles
For a competitive application at high ranked universities, it would make sense to do biology, but ONLY IF you think you will enjoy it and get a good grade from it
ilywys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
For a competitive application at high ranked universities, it would make sense to do biology, but ONLY IF you think you will enjoy it and get a good grade from it
OK thank you 🙂 I don't love biology so I think I'll stick with textiles
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (197)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (153)
30.3%
Look for a job (17)
3.37%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.16%
Take a year out (87)
17.23%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.94%

Watched Threads