amirahc
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

I am planning to do a degree in occupational therapy due to seeing firsthand the incredible work they did with my mum before she passed away. I am not sure what I can do to give myself more of an insight into it and what I can say on my personal statement. Any suggestions for books, podcasts etc would be extremely helpful thanks
Ironmike
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Pretty much all admissions to healthcare will focus on why you want to be a <insert profession here>, what will make you a good <insert profession here>, and what have you done to research <insert profession here>. So...

Part 1 - having seen the amazing work of OT's with my mother, I am convinced it is the career for me. I'm also intrigued by the vast range of services that OT's provide, and feel that at ACME university I can really reach my potential. I'm particularly interested in your university because of your outstanding reputation for OT, and that you are accredited with <insert organisation here>.

Part 2 - I am sure that I will be an outstanding OT because of my dedication, time management, captaining the hockey club thus showing leadership etc etc.

Part 3 - In researching whether or not I wanted to be an OT, I have gained work experience at <insert hospital here>, and have performed extensive reading around the profession through reading <insert journals / RCOT references here>. I have also spoken with many OT's who have said <xyz>.

In conclusion, I believe I have the transferable skills and dedication, mixed with a genuine passion from improving people's lives that will make me a highly competent and caring OT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed