Is walking 20 mins every day enough exercise?

Watch
18FF930U3I
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
>Enough for what?
To be considered healthy and lower my resting heart rate from 80bpm to 60bpm...
Has anyone had results from walking every day?
hannah.xo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends on your age on what a healthy heart rate would be.
Yes definitely, mostly when I was at school I would try to walk to and from school majority of the time, and since I didn't want to be late it would be brisk walk with my heart rate around 110-120 bpm which is in the fat burning zone. So I did end up loosing weight.
Gibson441
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, it is enough. But remember, if you don't have to eat nutritious food you will be weak soon.
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re not gonna like this answer but to be completely honest with you no not really. Obviously there are exceptions but for 99% of people this isn’t enough to have a significant impact on their health. It’s better than nothing but it’s below NHS recommended minimums.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you do an hour of brisk walking then yes. 20 mins is nothing.
sakura_23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly in my opinion I don’t think it is, but it might vary per person! I’ve just started 5 miles a day, which is about 2 hours with a break in the middle? If you’re looking for some serious decrease in resting heart rate, it needs to be serious exercise, running or a very very long walk. Good luck!
chloeebrown09
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
technically ur body needs at least 1 hour of exersize each day if ur looking to lose some weight. thats the healthy amount u need a day. 20 minutes probably wont really affect ur body if ur looking to lose some pounds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.09%
I still don't know (95)
16.52%

Watched Threads