Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He's a funny guy! I saw him on Mock the Week ( e.g. Re: North/South divide:"I am from the south. You noticed?" and the word 'the') and clips of him on youtube such as Live at the Apollo and he was hilarious! He just has a stage presence which makes you just laugh even by looking at him and his elaborate body movements. I think he even pointed out his floppy hair on Mock the Week which is quite funny too! Lol at his jokes on the Scottish and "Legal tender". Oh and his jokes about people who call in to give traffic reports ("who the **** is Barry?" ) and an occasion when the London underground especially when the train is packed and one guy insisting he got in despite hitting his head on the closing doors on a few occasions. Brilliant

ReputationRep:
    He's OK. wouldn't say he's awesome though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaiprawns)
    The guy in brilliant, so is Frankie Boyle, Hugh Denis and Dave Mitchell.

Agreeddd.

Don't forget Russell Howard...

ReputationRep:
    Aww I lovee him! Saw his Live at the Apollo last night for like the twentieth time... I really should get off Dave occasionally. He's on near me in a couple of weeks but I never got around to buying tickets

ReputationRep:
    Im a newish fan of him, saw him on a russell brand comedy show once stuck in with a load of other comedians, most of them mediocre.

Being Scottish, I love the jokes made about us - especially the "day in the life of a scot" that features in the Comedy Store clips on youtube. Something like:

"You wake up, you've got a Braveheart alarm clock eh? "Freedom, 'ats me up!", have a glass of Scotch, read the Scotsman "English *******s, has any o' them died? GOOD!" get on the Flying Scotsman, head down tae London, tell 'em all tae "**** Off!" "Is anything free going on tonight? I'll see 'at and then I'm off home eh?". Get back tae Scotland, have some Scotch eggs, dip them in butterscotch, play some hopscotch, break into the Royal Bank of Scotland, steal some Scottish money "It's our money! Am 'avin it!" and after a thorough investigation from Scotland Yard.... Get off Scot free!"

His scottish accent is spot on hehe

ReputationRep:
    he's absolutely hilarious... his style completely appeals to my sense of humour

ReputationRep:
    i saw him a few weeks back, he was god but not 'the best' he did have a couple of truly hilarious moments.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever im feeling down or anything, I watch him live at the apollo. Hes fantastic, the best stand up

ReputationRep:
    He's a nutter and very funny, love him on mock the week when he's on it and those youtube videos are brilliant, love the stuff about the guy on the train. "He took the hit!!" :laughing: :laughing:

And the skipping is brilliant as well:laughing:

ReputationRep:
    jus got tikets to see him at the o2..mans a legend

ReputationRep:
    you felt you had to search out a post from October 2008 instead of joining in the new one?

ReputationRep:
    haha i didnt look at the date ..woops

ReputationRep:
    :pinch: :clap2: :banana:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.