Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    She's just a girl I really like. Saw her at the weekend and we had a really good time and she told me to text her about going out on Tuesday (which she suggested), which I did about an hour ago. Thing is, she tends either to text back straight away, or not at all!
    It doesn't help that a mate knows and keeps texting me, making me jump and insta-grab my phone as soon as I hear the vibrations, only to read a piss-taking text from him!
    Just masturbate and you'll realise you don't even like her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric_Dreams)
    :ditto: fellow Newcastler. :p:
    Must be a geordie thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    Just how much pain the bloke is going through when you don't text him back within a couple of minutes?! :woo:
    I don't text my boyfriend and he hates talking on the phone. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    Ah, and another thing! Girls if a guy annoys you with something he says, please just tell him, rather than avoid his texts/calls and leave him guessing and wondering!!
    Why? :rolleyes:

Let him guess and wonder, maybe next time he will think twice about what he is going to say :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    Ah, and another thing! Girls if a guy annoys you with something he says, please just tell him, rather than avoid his texts/calls and leave him guessing and wondering!!
    Aww well in that case just put the phone somewhere you can't see or hear it for a few hours, get on with something else...watch telly, eat, pop to the shops. When you do return to your phone, you might just find the text you were waiting for and you'll be happy

And in response to the post I've quoted, I usually tend to tell people/ guys when they've annoyed me in the most tactful way I can...but they'll usually know one way or another. Stop thinking that the reason she hasn't texted you back is because you've done something wrong! *clip round the ear*

Stand strong man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)

Let him guess and wonder, maybe next time he will think twice about what he is going to say :p:
    :ditto: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    my phone ıs usually on sılent, so ıt takes about half hour for me to text back unless ur lucky to have texted me when ım already textıng someone who has texted me half an hour ago..

i lost myself there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sick Puppy)
    :ditto: :laugh:
    BTW love your sig! That's from Mean Girls isn't it? The gay guy...I love that! :p:

(sorry for hijacking your thread OP)

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, no!
    It's the opposite.. Though sometimes it is true but on RARE times! Usually when he wants sth from you and is waiting a reply.. I wish that would happen more often with my boyfriend..
    It does happen but online not texting, which is fine since its long distance..

ReputationRep:
    I stole a girls first kiss at the weekend. I'm not gonna text her. I will probably never see her again.

So yes, it does work both ways.

ReputationRep:
    i hate it when people don't reply to texts.
    i will usually reply as soon as i get them, or at least as soon as i see them.
    i hate all that 'keep 'em waiting' ********.
    playing games with people's minds is just a waste of time IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)

How is he supposed to know though ffs?! I don't mean something completely obvious, just like something you said as a throwaway remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJam2006)
    BTW love your sig! That's from Mean Girls isn't it? The gay guy...I love that! :p:

(sorry for hijacking your thread OP)
    hahaha yeah! my favourite bit of the entire film

YOU GO GLEN COCO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)
    How is he supposed to know though ffs?! I don't mean something completely obvious, just like something you said as a throwaway remark.
    I think it was a joke

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Tensions are high at Joist HQ at the moment I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joist)

Relax yourself :rolleyes:

It was a joke but seriously if he does say something weird that annoys me, logically I would have thought me not replying would let him know that he said something that was annoying therefore he should apologise. I never avoid him!

ReputationRep:
    Awww, bless! Just go out and do something and leave your phone at home. Hopefully when you get back, there'll be a text waiting for you! (I have fallen asleep with my phone in my hand before, so I do vaguely know how you feel! xD)

ReputationRep:
    40 minutes now, im about to watch Signs, and if she hasn't texted back by the end... ooooo. She has unlimited texts too! goddamnit.

ReputationRep:
    Listen up people. If you want a message back in the next few seconds, then CALL THEM!!!!!!!!

Don't bother texting! Good god!

I'm never that needy - I CAN WAIT FOR A TEXT.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.