I don't want to go to my insurance choice

Watch
yeahalright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
On results day, if I get the grades required to meet my insurance offer, do I have the option of contacting other unis and possibly get a verbal offer before I self-release? I don't want to first self-release myself on results day and then end up at a uni which I'm even less interested to go to?
Mustafa0605
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is a possibility, but it’s not guaranteed they will give you any guarantees without seeing your entire UCAS application which they can’t do while you are not in adjustment or clearing.
yeahalright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
There is a possibility, but it’s not guaranteed they will give you any guarantees without seeing your entire UCAS application which they can’t do while you are not in adjustment or clearing.
I've talked with a few unis about this and I was informed that they can only see my UCAS application once I've added them as my clearing choice. So from what I know, verbal offers are made on the basis of your A-level results and how interested you sound in a particular uni's course.
Mustafa0605
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yeahalright)
I've talked with a few unis about this and I was informed that they can only see my UCAS application once I've added them as my clearing choice. So from what I know, verbal offers are made on the basis of your A-level results and how interested you sound in a particular uni's course.
If you really don’t want to go to your insurance choice then you should tell them now so you can be put into clearing straight away on results day.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yeahalright)
I think you may have misunderstood what they're saying a bit.

Unis can see your UCAS application once you have a clearing number- you can only get this once you're in clearing. It is usually pretty hard to get a verbal offer on results day without one, although not impossible. Unis will generally prioritise talking to applicants with clearing numbers.

If you want a full choice of courses on results day, you'll need to self release before talking to them.
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
If you really don’t want to go to your insurance choice then you should tell them now so you can be put into clearing straight away on results day.
This isn't really necessary now that self-release is a thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads