username5273118
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
In terms of sub-atomic particles, what is the characteristic feature that determines the chemical properties of the group 7 elements?
username5273118
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
In terms of sub-atomic particles, what is the characteristic feature that determines the chemical properties of the group 7 elements?
philogrobized
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The halogens have typical non-metal properties. They are reactive and produce salts when they bond with metals.
The characteristic feature would be that they all have 7 electrons in their outer shell which explains how reactive they are because they only need to gain 1 electron to complete their outer shell. They are also diatomic because they can form a covalent bond with other atoms of the same element which will complete their outer shell. I think that should answer what you're looking for.
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Exite)
What do YOU think it might be?

And why!
tigera111
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The sub atomic particles include protons, neutrons and electrons. It's to do with one of these sub atomic particles. Take into consideration the fact that each group has different chemical properties and that the group number also tells you how many e...... are in the o.... s....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (34)
16.75%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (61)
30.05%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (77)
37.93%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
12.81%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed