The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by F.A.
it's just korean pop music

oh thank you!!
Reply 21
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Like a previous post said, their fandom is cringey. Ie those who watch every single live-stream, buy every single trinket, etc. It seems to become more of an obsession with these artists, rather than just a fan.
Nothing against these people, its just a bit odd to me. I also dont think their music is really that good.

it's not the whole fandom who does that it's mainly just hardcore fans and idk why a lot of fans do that either but i guess they just want to support them or something.
maybe you just haven't heard a song that is your taste yet because kpop doesn't just have one genre of songs, they have a lot of different types depending on the group you listen to.
Reply 22
Original post by F.A.
it's not the whole fandom who does that it's mainly just hardcore fans and idk why a lot of fans do that either but i guess they just want to support them or something.
maybe you just haven't heard a song that is your taste yet because kpop doesn't just have one genre of songs, they have a lot of different types depending on the group you listen to.

There seems to be a large portion of hardcore fans. I dont think Ive ever met a un-obsessed kpop fan.
Not my cup of tea, but I dont hold it against anyone who likes it.
Original post by F.A.
don't take me wrong i'm not saying that everyone has to love kpop or anything obviously everyone has their own music tastes so it's alright to dislike it but I've seen so many people not even listen to a song or just look at their faces and start hating it for no reason so i'm just genuinely confused as to why, is it because they're Asian or what?

Personally, Kpop isn't even that bad. I like the melody and all but I just listen to the english version of a particular kpop song that I like
Original post by townsend10755
Personally, Kpop isn't even that bad. I like the melody and all but I just listen to the english version of a particular kpop song that I like

It's really hard to appreciate a song if you don't understand the lyrics
Original post by F.A.
don't take me wrong i'm not saying that everyone has to love kpop or anything obviously everyone has their own music tastes so it's alright to dislike it but I've seen so many people not even listen to a song or just look at their faces and start hating it for no reason so i'm just genuinely confused as to why, is it because they're Asian or what?

I don’t hate it but I really don’t like the Stan culture but the music isn’t really for me but I do have 3 Kpop songs on my playlist.

But if I was to get into it what songs or bands do you recommend?
Reply 26
Original post by townsend10755
It's really hard to appreciate a song if you don't understand the lyrics

yeah but normally when i listen to it i'll read the lyrics translation it just sticks to me so i don't have to read the lyrics every time i listen to it
Original post by neko no basu
I think one of the key reasons why people hate kpop is ignorance.

They see one kpop group, let's say BTS, and they don't like a BTS song they've just heard or they don't like the look of BTS and they then conclude that the entire genre of kpop must be like that and decide that they don't like kpop.

Kpop is a very diverse genre and to say that you hate an entire genre of music because you dislike one artist is something that I struggle to grasp an understanding of.

say it out loud for the people at the back
I don't dislike kpop I just don't like their stans who post fancams everywhere. The boys seem nice though always donating to charities.
Reply 29
Original post by lEAOP
because it's kind of amusing how kpop fans love to idolise these people as if they are some kind of demi gods,its frankly annoying having there sh!t shoved down the throats of everyone who doesn't listen to them but the main problem is how disgusting these agencies treat kpop stars

the agencies basically keep majority of the revenue and give the stars back peanuts for how much they actually make,they also forced insane schedules upon all there stars which many of the western stars don't get and this is purely to make sure there favourite kpop group stays on top.Majority of kpop fans are teenagers and even kids who do not understand how much they are used.

The worse thing about there fans however is how plain and frankly stupid a lot of fans are , these kpop stans straight up "gassed" racist twitter hashtags (that were never going to trend in the first place) to the point that the trending section was full of these racial hashtags.

making a hashtag that was never going to trend,trend. Makes you look like a idiot.

but then again it's not the whole fandom it's part of it and you cant expect everyone to be normal there will always be the immature and obsessive ones. as for the agencies yes most of them do treat their artists badly but they wanted to do that and i think it's better to support them and help them be successful instead of just letting their hard work go to waste.
about the racist twitter hashtags i don't know what happened could you tell me please?
Reply 30
Original post by Aloveraa
I don't dislike kpop I just don't like their stans who post fancams everywhere. The boys seem nice though always donating to charities.

yeah i find those kind of stans annoying as well they are the main reason why so many people end up hating on kpop.
Reply 31
Original post by Liviy.Jonas18
I don’t hate it but I really don’t like the Stan culture but the music isn’t really for me but I do have 3 Kpop songs on my playlist.

But if I was to get into it what songs or bands do you recommend?

what kind of songs do you like? what 3 kpop songs do you have on your playlist, if you tell me that i can try and give you some recommendations that you might like.
Original post by Kk1999
Am i the only one who doesn't have an foggy idea od what kpop is!?

Bro I told you about this yesterday it's what Amy likes as well :rolleyes:
I dislike KPOP because it sounds like the generic pop you hear on the radio and yet people think it's revolutionary.
The fandoms are incredibly annoying too.
That being said, I've never hated on KPOP and I've never spoken about it (except on here because you asked for my opinion).
Original post by F.A.
what kind of songs do you like? what 3 kpop songs do you have on your playlist, if you tell me that i can try and give you some recommendations that you might like.

Block B- her

Blackpink- kill this love

Zico- any song
I'm sure the artists are lovely but the fans act like you're the embodiment of Satan if you don't worship them. My close friend loved kpop like that and it really put me off. I also dislike the music.
Cos it's shite
Kpop idols/artists are almost deities to some fans. The reality is, most kpop artists have an excessive amount of makeup and look more like a doll (coloured hair) rather than a person to the point where Kpop in itself revolves more around the idols than the actual songs. This leads to polarisation towards one group and most "kpop fans" aren't kpop fans, just fans of X and Y.

Daechwita is an example where you have a dude just screaming the word and over and over again and if another lesser known idol produced the same song it wouldn't attract as much attention. Most kpop fans cannot handle criticism when it comes to their favourites.

Then there's the positive side of k-pop where songs by day6/exo/chanyeol or bts' black swan/fakelove have insanely well made choreography and everything is surreal.

Personally if i wasn't into kdramas, i doubt I would ever give kpop a chance
Reply 38
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Cos it's shite

have you even tried to listen to a few songs? or did you just make that conclusion by listening to like one song?
Reply 39
Original post by Mad_Dog_Graveson
With the adult women who like it, they probably need to grow up, and with men who like it... they probably bat for the other team

This is such a childish thing to say. If you judge people based on the type of music they enjoy you are the one who needs to grow up. It’s like you need to judge people who listen to pop or any type of music but the one you like so that you can feel good with yourself because you don’t listen to it lmao. I don’t mean to be rude saying this but people with this mentality should realise that what makes a person who they are is certainly not the music they listen to

Latest