Zain906
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I came to UK on my mother's passport (since they did not have children passport at the time) when I was 11 ( 2003) I went to primary school and secondary school in london.
Since starting college I realised I could not go to uni as I did not have any sort of ID or status. I dropped out.
I got my LTR in 2017 on more then half my life being spent here.
I went back to college but realised I had to wait as I need to be a resident for 3 years to apply for student finance.
This year I got my place in uni proved my ordinary residence status.
Now the problem is that I have to provide continuous residence proof spanning from 2006 to 2017.
I have school documents till 2009 and I have council tax documents from 2015 but between 2010 to 2015 I had no form of ID hence no documents.
My birth country refused to provide me a passport stating I was not from there only after a long battle I manage to get a ID in 2015.
I have documents from Gp stating I had been visiting them throughout this whole time. I have few letters from hospital and from homeoffice on failed applications but no bank society or any bills for I was an illegal immigrant at the time without any documents. What can I do to prove my continuous stay to student finance?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Zain906)
So I came to UK on my mother's passport (since they did not have children passport at the time) when I was 11 ( 2003) I went to primary school and secondary school in london.
Since starting college I realised I could not go to uni as I did not have any sort of ID or status. I dropped out.
I got my LTR in 2017 on more then half my life being spent here.
I went back to college but realised I had to wait as I need to be a resident for 3 years to apply for student finance.
This year I got my place in uni proved my ordinary residence status.
Now the problem is that I have to provide continuous residence proof spanning from 2006 to 2017.
I have school documents till 2009 and I have council tax documents from 2015 but between 2010 to 2015 I had no form of ID hence no documents.
My birth country refused to provide me a passport stating I was not from there only after a long battle I manage to get a ID in 2015.
I have documents from Gp stating I had been visiting them throughout this whole time. I have few letters from hospital and from homeoffice on failed applications but no bank society or any bills for I was an illegal immigrant at the time without any documents. What can I do to prove my continuous stay to student finance?
Hi Zain, to receive funding with leave to remain status, you must prove you have been in the UK for half your life or 20 years. You can view an acceptable list of residency evidence here http://ow.ly/d/8o6y

If you are unable to provide the evidence then unfortunately you won't be able to apply based on the Long Residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.91%
I'm not sure (32)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (326)
47.73%

Watched Threads