The Student Room Group

I want to convert from Islam to Judaism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Hilarious how no one can tell this is a troll.

Unless you’re born a Jew, or into a Jewish family you cannot be a Jew. Try your luck elsewhere buddy.

Spoiler

Yes you can here read
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-conversion-process/amp/
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3002/jewish/Why-Is-Conversion-to-Judaism-So-Hard.htm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_to_Judaism

Wikipedia is full of other people’s opinions.

I guess it just relates to the fact that Islam and Judaism are quite similar in its teachings. So what’s the actual point of conversion in the first place?
Original post by Anonymous
stop lying, muslims cant join judaism they are seen as the enemies of israel (unless their parents are jew of course)

Now you’re confusing anti-Israel rhetoric and anti-semitism.

That’s a very thin line.
Better watch yourself before you end up becoming an anti semitie
Wikipedia is full of other people’s opinions.

I guess it just relates to the fact that Islam and Judaism are quite similar in its teachings. So what’s the actual point of conversion in the first place?

Even without Wikipedia there's two other sources there.

And you can disagree with the activities of Islam and ad she said its because judaism is the first abrahamic religon and God doesn't make mistakes. It's a personal choice
lol JEWS HATE ISLAM . A jew prefers a dog over an islamic person . Jews like Christians but not islam. OP is ******ed or a little kid or a troll

Where do you get this rhetoric from? Do you actually know any Jewish people?
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Even without Wikipedia there's two other sources there.

And you can disagree with the activities of Islam and ad she said its because judaism is the first abrahamic religon and God doesn't make mistakes. It's a personal choice

I’m not rejecting their claims. Rather the basis of it. They said they wanted to join so they can know what they’re ‘planning’ in their groups.

Yeah definitely a troll. 🤣
I’m not rejecting their claims. Rather the basis of it. They said they wanted to join so they can know what they’re ‘planning’ in their groups.

Yeah definitely a troll. 🤣

A troll or not you were wrong about not being able to convert to judaism.
because the Jewish fashion is more stylish. i like walking in their areas and watch them talk in groups of 4 or 5, it always looks like they are planning some smart schemes so i want to know what they are doing. also the rulers of the world are jews so i will be hounred to join the powerful religion

That time when the thread blows up.

It’s religious debate time.
Your reasons for converting are a bit bizarre. This thread makes no sense.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
A troll or not you were wrong about not being able to convert to judaism.

I happily admit to my mistakes. I learnt something new so thank you very much for the learning opportunity.
This thread has become an antisemitic disaster...

Anyone can convert to Judaism. We welcome authentic converts of any race, previous creed, socio-economic status etc. We are mot richer, more powerful, or have better fashion sense, than any other religious and ethnic group.

We also stand in solidarity with Islam.

Spoiler

Original post by becausethenight
This thread has become an antisemitic disaster...

Anyone can convert to Judaism. We welcome authentic converts of any race, previous creed, socio-economic status etc. We are mot richer, more powerful, or have better fashion sense, than any other religious and ethnic group.

Spoiler

Oh there was nothing antisemitic here. I assure you :smile:

We stand in solidarity with Judaism too. I have left Islam as a religion but I'm talking on behalf of my previous community!

Also, I am curious: what do the men talk about when they stand in groups of 4 or 5 in front of their houses? It always seems very interesting and I want to know
Oh there was nothing antisemitic here. I assure you :smile:

We stand in solidarity with Judaism too. I have left Islam as a religion but I'm talking on behalf of my previous community!

Also, I am curious: what do the men talk about when they stand in groups of 4 or 5 in front of their houses? It always seems very interesting and I want to know

I think I know it when I see it :biggrin:

They're probably just having a chat after shul, like how people might chat after going to mosque or church together? Unless there's a Hasidic or other custom I don't know about.
I think I know it when I see it :biggrin:

They're probably just having a chat after shul, like how people might chat after going to mosque or church together? Unless there's a Hasidic or other custom I don't know about.

They are the ones that wear all black with the black hats, these are Hasidic?
They are the ones that wear all black with the black hats, these are Hasidic?

Yup, sounds like Chabad Hasidim: https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/hasidic-movement-a-history/, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad
why though? can you please further explain

i do not want to become jewish anymore but i am interested

The fact that you change your mind over converting to a religion, a religion which you wanted to be your entire life, in 1 hour by people not even giving sufficient advice, shows you are going wrong somewhere. It just implies to me you know nothing of Islam, let alone Judaism. And don't come on a thread like TSR asking to be converted from Islam. Speak to a local Imam at a Masjid and ask them for advice. Don't trust this website for religious advice. And your ideas of converting to a different religion frankly sounds idiotic and senseless. You don't even have valid reasons to do so- like you didn't question anything wrong about the Quran (which Alhamdulillah there isn't), you didn't watch any videos on why Islam and not Judaism. You said you liked the way Jewish people walked in groups of 4 or 5 and how you like how they 'plan' things. Sounds stupid. Have you ever gone to Hajj in Mecca and actually seen something much more better than these 4 or 5 people in groups. You have done no research whatsoever and don't even know about a religion you have been your entire life. If you like how Jewish people look like they 'plan' things, ever considered doing business or something ? Literally the exact same thing (when they sit in offices). So you're not looking for a new religion, you're probably looking for a new job or something lol. Wake up.

Who "we"?
Original post by kadija19291
yes Judaism is a ethnic religion, it is a religion but also a race

I think if you want to leave islam ,think Buddhism or Christianity. Judaism is a wrong choice, you will be rejected , not respected and mocked

It isn’t a race, it’s an ethnocentric religion
I never knew the things about a final messenger being mentioned. If this is the case then why jewish and christians do not convert to islam?

Did you go through the lonk I mentioned earlier?

Well the coming of the last messenger is foretold in both the holy books. Why they don't accept is their problem. But you are yet to decide so go through and take your decision. My PMs open for you.
Original post by admonit
Who "we"?

Jewish people. I know it’s kinda arrogant to just say ‘we’ (as sadly there will be some islamophobic Jewish people, as with any other religion), but for the most part, I believe that this is true, and that you’re not in keeping with the mitzvah (laws/responsibilities) if you don’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending