Frontline with a 3rd class degree?

Watch
RCorcoran
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I am planning on applying to the Frontline programme 2020/21. I have a third class degree but with mitigating circumstances that I can evidence. I have experience working for Social services with adults. I know Frontline is geared towards Childrens and although i have not worked with childrens; I have faciliated CSE drop ins/ drop ins at Mental health units and also did a short stint of mentoring at a secondary school. I am also currently studying a level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring.

However given all my experience I am worried that they will not take me on due to only having a 3rd in my degree (I studied Criminology and Sociology). I do have mitigating circumstances to why i only got a 3rd but i am so worried that they will not wish to consider me.

Is there anyone out there that managed to get onto the programme without high class degree?

Appreciate any feedback; this is something I really want to succeed in.
MelissaLuna
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by RCorcoran)
Hi all,

I am planning on applying to the Frontline programme 2020/21. I have a third class degree but with mitigating circumstances that I can evidence. I have experience working for Social services with adults. I know Frontline is geared towards Childrens and although i have not worked with childrens; I have faciliated CSE drop ins/ drop ins at Mental health units and also did a short stint of mentoring at a secondary school. I am also currently studying a level 5 in Coaching and Mentoring.

However given all my experience I am worried that they will not take me on due to only having a 3rd in my degree (I studied Criminology and Sociology). I do have mitigating circumstances to why i only got a 3rd but i am so worried that they will not wish to consider me.

Is there anyone out there that managed to get onto the programme without high class degree?

Appreciate any feedback; this is something I really want to succeed in.
Hey 👋

Unfortunately they wouldnt accept a 3rd at all. At most they will accept a 2:2 but you must have an MA (level 7) on top of that in order for them to even consider an applicant.

Sorry 😞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads