Referrals and moving house

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi so I am currently on antidepressants and think that in order to actually be better I am going to have to start therapy and probably see a mental health service to see what the problem is. I have GP appointments at the moment but I think whatever the issue is is a bit more than anxiety and depression- I could be wrong but that’s why I think a mental health professional could help me.
At the moment I’m living at home and will probably have moved away by the end of the year. The only thing is if I get referred for therapy waiting lists are usually long and I don’t want to start or be referred and then have to be put on another waiting list in my new area.
Basically as my issues aren’t life threatening would it be best to just wait until I move to my new area and then ask to be referred or will it make no difference if I get referred now.

Thank you in advance!
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It'd be best to wait until you're in longer term accommodation (e.g. moving out to university - wait until then).

Of course if you run into issues beforehand then by all means seek urgent support. Also be aware that you might not get referred to secondary care, it's a bit of a post code lottery in that respect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.35%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.65%

Watched Threads