What types of boys do girls like ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am 18 and have never dated before. I am looking to find the right girlfriend but I just haven't come across one yet. Yeah I've come across pretty girls but their personality never correlated with their physical appearance/body. I'd rather go for personality and allow for looks to follow rather than vice-versa. Now even though a girl can be out of my league (appearance wise), I do believe my attributes is on the same league or similar. So if I do come across a girl out of my appearance league and has a great personality, how do I approach them and make things work ? Girls what do you think ?
JackDaniels23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most women like tall, handsome and mysterious men. Unfortunately, I am neither of those. So, I'll spend eternity alone.
sospeter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont give up just try again to find a suitable person for you we are not required to give up brother
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sospeter)
Dont give up just try again to find a suitable person for you we are not required to give up brother
But how do I approach them ? I don't know if I have game because I never tried it out.
sospeter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want girls to have crush on just be unique
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But how do I approach them ? I don't know if I have game because I never tried it out.
YOU DONT NEED A GAME

i see all these weird yt videos abt how guys should get a girl. i think they're quite stupid and it comes off completely fake

honestly, please don't change anything about yourself. don't use any game.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Being confident is essential. Having a sense of humour is a plus. Beyond that there isn't a cheat sheet. Every girl's preferences are different.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sospeter)
If you want girls to have crush on just be unique
I get you. But again, I'm gonna be nervous because I have never approached a girl in that manner.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes girls are very strict in issues of relationship the only way to attract them is to be unique even if you have confidence no matter what one day you will see unusefull to them
Anonymous #1
YOU DONT NEED A GAME

i see all these weird yt videos abt how guys should get a girl. i think they're quite stupid and it comes off completely fake

But having game can make you come across as smooth, which girls like. But again I get what you're saying. I know I will be shy by even trying to approach a girl in that manner. Like what do I say- "Whats ur name. Whats ur number". How do I get to the stage where I get to the number.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
But having game can make you come across as smooth, which girls like. But again I get what you're saying. I know I will be shy by even trying to approach a girl in that manner. Like what do I say- "Whats ur name. Whats ur number". How do I get to the stage where I get to the number.
ohh ok that makes sense
but some girls find it cute when it's not perfect.
you don't have to be smooth lol. juts be you, honestly. It's hard coming across genuine people nowadays.

But if you wanna get someone's number, just be confident.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY.
you can say the stupidest things but if you say it with confidence, it's completely fine.
RemDoggydog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am 18 and have never dated before. I am looking to find the right girlfriend but I just haven't come across one yet. Yeah I've come across pretty girls but their personality never correlated with their physical appearance/body. I'd rather go for personality and allow for looks to follow rather than vice-versa. Now even though a girl can be out of my league (appearance wise), I do believe my attributes is on the same league or similar. So if I do come across a girl out of my appearance league and has a great personality, how do I approach them and make things work ? Girls what do you think ?
I've found out you're never out of anyone league really,I met my current boyfriend though bumble and considering I thought he was well out of my league. personality wise we are perfect. if you've never dated it can be so overwhelming but I'd recommend acting more confident than you are. my current boyfriend was really confident even though he was dying inside. the fact that you'd rather go for personality rather than looks is an attractive trait. there's no rush to find anyone I'm sure if you're heading to uni soon you will. if you wanna chat it anything and want advice feel free to PM me 😁💓.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Tbh, I just want someone who I can be myself around-it won't work otherwise. They need to love animals and not be sexist, racist or homophobic.
Anonymous #1
ohh ok that makes sense
but some girls find it cute when it's not perfect.
you don't have to be smooth lol. juts be you, honestly. It's hard coming across genuine people nowadays.

But if you wanna get someone's number, just be confident.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY.
you can say the stupidest things but if you say it with confidence, it's completely fine.
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I can see how confidence is important. Will definitely be confident
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
Just talk to her - about anything. Anything that is going on, but nothing political. Ask how her weekend was or how her day is going. Give her a compliment - nothing too creepy. Don’t compliment her looks unless she’s into you - she will get embarrassed and freaked out. Compliment her shoes or jewellery or how she did something (in work).

Girls are not scary, we are just people. Talk about things on tv/ new movies / netflix. Don’t be nervous and don’t come on too strong. Start off as a friendship don’t ask her out straight away. Good luck
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally I’m quite shy approaching boys -sometimes if the signs r right I think u should give the first move whether it’s smiling at them (not weirdly) or starting a convo
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
I can’t generalise for everyone , but when a guy likes me based on my personality over looks, it is definitely more appreciated. I’m terrible when it comes to talking to guys, so I understand if I guy is a little nervous when talking to someone he likes, I don’t judge at all, the effort put into starting a conversation itself is a sign of confidence. Just my views really but yeah
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bad boys :cool:

Too bad I'm not one :moon:
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
Another top tip, always be yourself.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
YOU DONT NEED A GAME

There are a lot of youtube videos from self appointed gurus that give poor to mediocre advice.
There are at least 3 youtubers that know what they are talking about and give really good advice about meeting women and getting girlfirends.

Good game isn't stupid. It isn't fake and it gets results.

In order for the OP to get the results that he wants and deserves it's essential that he changes himself.
Whether this change is natural evolution as a response to his experiences in life or whether it's a faster paced series or determined self-improvement is entirely up to the OP.
I think that perpetual self improvement makes sense. Kaizen - the Toyota approach to continuous improvement.

For the OP, here's a few pointers:
1 forget about this "out of my league" notion you have. It's compete negative nonsense. No woman is out of your league, regardless of how beautiful she is.
2 You, the package, the product, the person counts for a lot. You're already pretty good. Make yourself better and better and better. Just having the attitude that you are determined to live up to your potential will get you most of the way there.
3 Having a clear life goal that you are working towards is attractive. OK you're only 18. But you should know what you want to study at uni and where and why. You should be doing all that you need to do to make this happen. Or if you're not going to uni you should know what you are going to do now. Unfocused men that are drifiting though life like a sack of potatoes chucked in a river are less attractive.
4 Don't worry about what you will say when you meet someone. When you first meet someone, the Red Bull marketing analogy is a good one. Red Bull go round giving free samples of their drink to lots of people. When you first meet someone you're giving them a free sample of yourself. That's all it is.
5 When you meet someone new 60% of whether the interaction will be a success is out of your control. As it depends on the other person and the mood they are in and their circumstances. 40% is in your control. Don't over-estimate how much control you have in these situations. Just give out free samples of yourself. And if they like you they will start "buying" you.
6 If you want someone's phone number, simply say something like "we should talk some other time, I have to go in 30 seconds" and hand over your phone with the contacts entry page open. The less of a deal you make about getting someone's phone number, the more likely it is that they will give it to you.
7 Take the lead. And be totally cool and fine if they don't follow your lead.
8 Don't be needy.
9 create the impression of abundance. That you have an abundance of great things going on in your life. Not by boasting, but by being understated and indirect and mysterious about it.
10 Never ask "when can I see you again?". Instead offer her a date at a definite time and place with a clear theme. Preferably something unusual / fun / interesting / exciting.
11 enjoy yourself. Enjoy the process of meeting and talking to new people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (56)
24.24%
Better than expected (50)
21.65%
Worse than expected (125)
54.11%

Watched Threads