Medschoolmastery
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I have no opinion on Dnipro as I have never attended it. I however implore you do not go to NVU. Don’t gamble with your education, time and money. If you are ok with spending 4 to 6 years in medical school and potentially never being able to work as a doctor then go to NVU. If you are ok with low teaching contact time and a not very rigorous medical course by all means go there. Please do your research. Don’t be seduced by slick marketing and hype. Find a uni that has graduates practicing in the U.K., that is not on the GMC grey list. I assure you there are some in the same price range as NVU. Don’t waste your time like me. For the sake of friends I know there I hope the issues are resolved and it comes off the GMC grey list, but google the outcomes of students and the reputations of the other universities on that list. It is not a good place to be. Please choose wisely, don’t gamble. Do your research, I could never advise anyone to choose NVU.
Submerged
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
quote worrying. which universities would you recommend that have grads practising in the uk?
Medschoolmastery
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
There is Vinnitsya, Uzhhorod, Bogomolets and Ternopil. I currently attend one of these unis. I don’t want to prejudice you in any way, all these unis have pros and cons, but if you are able to graduate from any of these unis and subsequently pass IELTS and UKMLA, you will be fine.
melillie
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi

(Original post by Medschoolmastery)
There is Vinnitsya, Uzhhorod, Bogomolets and Ternopil. I currently attend one of these unis. I don’t want to prejudice you in any way, all these unis have pros and cons, but if you are able to graduate from any of these unis and subsequently pass IELTS and UKMLA, you will be fine.
Does your school have graduate entry for medicine?
melillie
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by catherine south)
willbrownfire123 I'm a currently in ukrain Dnipro medical institute the life here is more than normal don't afraid our parents with this rumors
Hi Catherine, are you currently attending DMI?
Medschoolmastery
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by melillie)
Hi

Does your school have graduate entry for medicine?
My school does not have graduate entry. I did not do graduate entry as I did not want issues with the GMC later, as when I called the GMC, they had said my application wouldn’t go straight through if I did grad entry , that it would go to a committee for scrutiny and when I asked the criteria of the committee they couldn’t tell me. However Uzhhorod does graduate entry medicine if you are interested in that.
willbrownfire123
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Submerged)
quote worrying. which universities would you recommend that have grads practising in the uk?
I'm at Kiev MU and I like it here
Yle
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone - has any of you gone already? Would like to talk with someone of you!
Tukays
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I have two questions about Dnipro Medical Institute that I need help with 1) I was told that DMI started since 1993 and several students from the UK have graduated from there. However, only 5 doctors on the GMC registry graduated from DMI. The question is, where are the graduates? 2) Do graduates from DMI have the Ukranian Medical Council registration? Are they 'automatically' registered with the medical council there and licensed to practice?
Thanks
Lazarocalles
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by melillie)
I honestly have never felt so confused in my life. It's just odd that there aren't any past students to contact, all I am seeing are students who are currently attending there. At this point, I fear I've wasted my money starting the application process.
Hello,
I was wondering how it went 🙏 I’m about to start the process and need some reassurance, please.
Lazarocalles
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Alexa Kd)
Hi, I'm looking to apply to Georgia NVU, I was going to apply through SME and have arranged an appointment. I'm also going to contact the university themselves to see if I can apply directly. What are your thoughts on this?
How did it go?
R442
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi so basically it been running for long but uk students recently started going there. This is not a uk university its a Ukrainian University training people frow all over the world. Lets say a Australian University i might not have a lot of people registered with the gmc coz its an Australian University training Australian doctors and maybe some from other countries. Dmi is not UK University, its not only for uk students. I hope tht makes sense
melillie
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lazarocalles)
Hello,
I was wondering how it went 🙏 I’m about to start the process and need some reassurance, please.
Lol don't do it. It's horrible.
Liam.strat
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 13 minutes ago
Definitely do your research
Last edited by Liam.strat; 12 minutes ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (92)
34.33%
Yes - a trusted person (75)
27.99%
No (70)
26.12%
I'm not sure (31)
11.57%

Watched Threads