Skills/ Qualifications at HOME

Watch
XDaJokerz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi is there any skills/qualifications I can do at home that will improve my CV, or just skills in general, preferably anything that is free.
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What kind of jobs are you applying for?
robertgallacher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
1) Learn a language on Duolingo, or another similar app. You may not become fluent but you could easily get to a very strong foundation, and from there you probably could.
2) You could also try coding, that's very accessible, and can be quite enjoyable and cheap if you're interested and savvy.
3) You could just practice and play around with Microsoft Office - there are so many buttons and settings, and familiarity with them is incredibly useful nowadays.
XDaJokerz
Rep:
?
(Original post by robertgallacher)
1) Learn a language on Duolingo, or another similar app. You may not become fluent but you could easily get to a very strong foundation, and from there you probably could.
2) You could also try coding, that's very accessible, and can be quite enjoyable and cheap if you're interested and savvy.
3) You could just practice and play around with Microsoft Office - there are so many buttons and settings, and familiarity with them is incredibly useful nowadays.
thanks i will take that into acount, but is there not any qualifications i can do at home that are free like food and safety?
XDaJokerz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student-95)
What kind of jobs are you applying for?
im not really applying for any jobs, i just want some good stuff to write on my CV.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by XDaJokerz)
Hi is there any skills/qualifications I can do at home that will improve my CV, or just skills in general, preferably anything that is free.
You could definitely learn a language for free on Duolingo!
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im not really applying for any jobs, i just want some good stuff to write on my CV.
But that will depend on what jobs you're applying for. There are lots of resources for learning programming languages for example but if you want to be a nurse then having C++ on your CV isn't going to help.
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks i will take that into acount, but is there not any qualifications i can do at home that are free like food and safety?
For food safety while you can study at home you need to register with a licensed test centre for the actual exam at least in Scotland as I completed a food hygiene course through the HFT department at my school as they are allowed to give out the exam papers
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They aren't necessarily qualifications but there are good courses of futurelearn on a variety of different topics that vary with length eg 3 hours a week for 2 weeks for 4 hours a week for 6 weeks.
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coursera has free courses with certificates if you use the links on their website for free courses for college and high school students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (11)
16.92%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (15)
23.08%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (6)
9.23%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
12.31%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
6.15%
I think it's an unfair expectation (19)
29.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.08%

Watched Threads