Diarrhoea after eating?

Watch
Itsme1400!
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi sorry in advance for the details... Basically I've been on a diet for about a month and since then most nights after I eat dinner I have a very sudden urge and bad pain when going to the toilet (diarrhoea) it's very sudden after eating and sometimes whilst still eating. It's tricky to see a GP atm so I've been googling and looks like it could be IBD? Or a bile reflux? However three women in the family all have had their gall bladder removed so this is obviously a little worrying (they had vomiting though and I've not had that). I guess I've been a little stressed recently (waiting for exam results and about to start work again). Any advice would be appreciated also the actual diarrhoea itself is really orange brown and runny and often has mucous in it too (sorry again). I've also got the nexplanon implant but have had for months now and not had this issue before so probably not that either
Last edited by Itsme1400!; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could be anything from a bowel disease to a food allergy (these can come on suddenly) might be an idea to keep track of what you're eating and see what they have in common.
Itsme1400!
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Could be anything from a bowel disease to a food allergy (these can come on suddenly) might be an idea to keep track of what you're eating and see what they have in common.
Yeah maybe a food diaries a good idea. It's weird because I'll have eaten my food then maybe ten minutes later its so painful so obviously I go to the toilet and as soon as I've been the pain stops and I only have one bout of diarrhoea and thats it, like I'm not going more than once
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely speak to your GP have you been eating anything you wouldn't normally since you've been dieting?
Itsme1400!
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
Definitely speak to your GP have you been eating anything you wouldn't normally since you've been dieting?
Not really, all I've really done is cut bad stuff out and started eating more veg, fruit and rice cake type things and upped my exercise a bit
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsme1400!)
Yeah maybe a food diaries a good idea. It's weird because I'll have eaten my food then maybe ten minutes later its so painful so obviously I go to the toilet and as soon as I've been the pain stops and I only have one bout of diarrhoea and thats it, like I'm not going more than once
Well, that'll be useful to show your doctor when you finally get to see him. My ex was allergic to gluten she had very similar symptoms to that, but obviously only a blood test can confirm that, hopefully you get to see the doctor soon and you won't have to sit around wondering for too long
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Call your gp. You can still talk to a doctor and they can advice you on what to do. Or you could try diarrhoea tablets that you can get without a prescription and if they don't work then call your your gp.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsme1400!)
Been there dud I keep a food diary and managed to narrow it down to 3 things (orange zest, chilli, and ginger if your wondering) also if your on something like Omeprazole that could be a cause if it's that as your GP id you can change to pantropzole I use that I was on ranitidine but that got discontinued because of a concern about a carcinogenic effect in one batch.
Itsme1400!
Rep:
?
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
Been there dud I keep a food diary and managed to narrow it down to 3 things (orange zest, chilli, and ginger if your wondering) also if your on something like Omeprazole that could be a cause if it's that as your GP id you can change to pantropzole I use that I was on ranitidine but that got discontinued because of a concern about a carcinogenic effect in one batch.
I'm thinking it's to do with peas, beans, and generally fatty foods. I'm not on any of those drugs, except occasionally when I get a bit of acid bit they're just over the counter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (114)
25.79%
Better than expected (92)
20.81%
Worse than expected (236)
53.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed