The Student Room Group

Can people tell you’re a virgin?

So I’ve been planning on having sex with my boyfriend (we were gonna do it in like May but then corona happened) during second year of uni but my family is from a very traditional background so pre-marital sex is really frowned upon.
I’m sure I want to do it but I’m worried my mum will know I’ve done it... one of my friend’s mum knew she’d done it even though she never told her mom :frown:
Is it possible to tell you’ve lost your virginity, like can mums just tell??
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been planning on having sex with my boyfriend (we were gonna do it in like May but then corona happened) during second year of uni but my family is from a very traditional background so pre-marital sex is really frowned upon.
I’m sure I want to do it but I’m worried my mum will know I’ve done it... one of my friend’s mum knew she’d done it even though she never told her mom :frown:
Is it possible to tell you’ve lost your virginity, like can mums just tell??

Not unless you tell them, someone else tells them , they inspect you, you behave guiltily/ nervously when the subject is approached.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Not unless you tell them, someone else tells them , they inspect you, you behave guiltily/ nervously when the subject is approached.

The thing is my parents are fine with me being in a relationship but in my culture, ‘boyfriends’ don’t really mean the same thing as they do in western culture, boyfriends are more just boys we are close with and occasionally physically come into contact with (e.g. hand holding but that’s it)
Thete should really be no reason why my parents suspect me to have lost my virginity so hopefully they won’t pry too much
The thing is my parents are fine with me being in a relationship but in my culture, ‘boyfriends’ don’t really mean the same thing as they do in western culture, boyfriends are more just boys we are close with and occasionally physically come into contact with (e.g. hand holding but that’s it)
Thete should really be no reason why my parents suspect me to have lost my virginity so hopefully they won’t pry too much

Only sleep with him because you want to. You dont have to even if he wants to. The rest you are going to have to deal with.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Only sleep with him because you want to. You dont have to even if he wants to. The rest you are going to have to deal with.

I really want to and we’ve been planning it for a while now, I’m just really scared my mum will find out. Like I have PCOS so often have to go to the doctors to check up and my mum always insists on listening into the conversations (I can’t even make her leave the room because then she’ll be like oh what are you trying to hide) because she thinks I’m still someone who needs help talking to the doctor and doesn’t really like it when there are secrets between us (there are of course secrets that I keep) so I’m just concerned that the conversation will come up in the doctors and I’ll have to admit it
I really want to and we’ve been planning it for a while now, I’m just really scared my mum will find out. Like I have PCOS so often have to go to the doctors to check up and my mum always insists on listening into the conversations (I can’t even make her leave the room because then she’ll be like oh what are you trying to hide) because she thinks I’m still someone who needs help talking to the doctor and doesn’t really like it when there are secrets between us (there are of course secrets that I keep) so I’m just concerned that the conversation will come up in the doctors and I’ll have to admit it

1. You can explain to the doctor you want confidentiality.
2. You can register with a Dr at uni and see them there.
3. Use double protection imo as it really would hit the roof of you got pregnant.
Apparently, it might be possible. I highly doubt that your mum would be able to tell though.

As for speaking to your GP, you could very easily have a phone appointment with your GP without telling your mum.

Quick Reply

Latest