Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi guys is there any suggestions on what skincare or something i can use to get rid of pimple scars?
Kk1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi guys is there any suggestions on what skincare or something i can use to get rid of pimple scars?
Do you touch the pimples!?
Or let it get over all on its own?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Specific products
-The Ordinary BHA + AHA peel
-The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc
-The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin
-Epiduo (prescribed from a doctor)

Other Specific Ingredients
-Hydroquinone
-Vitamin C
-Azelaic acid
-Glycolic acid
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Turmeric and milk mask 2x week
Xavier28
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are they black marks or actual scars like deep holes in face.

if its black marks its good to get some vitamin c as it will disappear, for the more deep scars ,a dermaroller will be good or using some vitamin c serum.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
I have so many scars, I've given up trying to find a remedy for them. I don't see even one going away any time soon:yum:
Spoiler:
Show
oh, and they aren't from pimples
Anonymous #1
I have so many scars, I've given up trying to find a remedy for them. I don't see even one going away any time soon:yum:
Spoiler:
Show
oh, and they aren't from pimples
what are they from? (:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xavier28)
are they black marks or actual scars like deep holes in face.

if its black marks its good to get some vitamin c as it will disappear, for the more deep scars ,a dermaroller will be good or using some vitamin c serum.
black marks but thank you!!!
Anonymous #1
Specific products
-The Ordinary BHA + AHA peel
-The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc
-The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin
-Epiduo (prescribed from a doctor)

Other Specific Ingredients
-Hydroquinone
-Vitamin C
-Azelaic acid
-Glycolic acid
thank you!! i’ve tried the peel its really good but i’ll try the other products!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kk1999)
Do you touch the pimples!?
Or let it get over all on its own?
i don’t but the marks are inevitable, i get them whether i touch them or not (:
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
what are they from? (:
semi severe eczema and 3 severe skin infections, 2 of which I can't remember because they happened when I was a baby.
Kk1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don’t but the marks are inevitable, i get them whether i touch them or not (:
If they appear qnd go off all on its own then those marks disappear but touching them is a problem.

Do you acne!?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kk1999)
If they appear qnd go off all on its own then those marks disappear but touching them is a problem.

Do you acne!?
i know it disappears but the ones that i had before took around 8 months and i havent used any products until lockdown started!
i dont even know if i have acne, i just get pimples from time to time (:
Anonymous #1
semi severe eczema and 3 severe skin infections, 2 of which I can't remember because they happened when I was a baby.
bless you. have you gone to a dermatologist?
Anonymous #1
Turmeric and milk mask 2x week
wont that stain my face?? im a bit light and asian. also i heard dyi’s dont work
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
bless you. have you gone to a dermatologist?
ty. plenty of times. it is better now because it gets better during spring and summer, but it is pretty damn annoying in the winter mornings and that is usually when I go.
tigera111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The nicanimide 10% + zinc 1% by the ordinary has been a Life saver for me. I had the worst darkest brown blemishes that were very noticeable and they have literally disappeared now because of this product
mnbvcxzz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm biracial so hyper pigmentation and scarring is something I quite predisposed to. I get my spots from stress, when I slack on my self-care and diet and from changes in medications. What I find helps more than anything is diet, exercise and skincare. I use a little chemically exfoliating product at night, personally I do buy the exxxxxpensive stuff like sunday riley UFO when I need it (which has lasted my almost three years and I'm not even half way through the bottle so its actually great value), the green murad retinol range is insanely good, I was gifted the travel size but can't afford it myself.

I find that if its not a dire situation and I can deal with the scars taking an extra two days to clear up then the clean and clear cleanser with salycylic acid in it which is basically a toner works well and is very cheap, I just don't like the amount of alcohol in it.
Lastly the virtually free option, each month I ferment rice water for a month for my hair and I use a little of it as a toner for the week.

Also I always use a spf to not let sun damage exacerbate things and to protect the skin after exfoliants, I use ones of at least spf 30 to 50 and with vitamin c, as vitamin c is really good at evening out the complexion. Ones I like to use are all great just different prices and consistencies ( The body shop skin defence spf 50, La Roche Posay, and the Murad orange packaged one I would only ever buy in sales.)

DIET
I avoid sugar and mostly avoid dairy except for kefir or yoguhrt I take for probiotic benefits. Kefir is more cost effective when you pour it into milk and ferment the mix to make more and as more strains of bacteria than yoghurt. I eat a lot of high protein foods and high unsaturated fat foods but not always meat ( maybe three times a week.) Water and lots of it obviously. I cook almost almost food from scratch as I'm fortunate to live on a farm and have grow alot of my own fruit and veg.
I also take supplements for collagen and biotin, this is mostly because the collagen is good for joints and I have recently started to do more weights and less cardio, and biotin because my mum gave me it and I find it does help my skin.

Exercise
My skin looks its best when I make myself sweat everyday. I used to go climbing before the lockdown, now I just jog or play badminton most days and do weights with my brother a few times a week.

If thats too many things I would sum up the things alot of people may not do regularly would be exfoliate, take probiotics, spf, sweat and vitamin c.
Anonymous #1
ty. plenty of times. it is better now because it gets better during spring and summer, but it is pretty damn annoying in the winter mornings and that is usually when I go.
i tried that and finished the whole bottle but it hasnt done anything to me so i dont think that works for me!
Anonymous #1
ohh okay. i hope you still have a routine though and make sure to put spf! i just found out about it watching videos in lockdown
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (60)
25.1%
Better than expected (51)
21.34%
Worse than expected (128)
53.56%

Watched Threads