The Student Room Group

Self conscious

Hi. I'm a child nursing student who isn't on placement at the moment due to the current situation (I'm a first year). I'm really self conscious about myself, particularly my lazy eye as I feel like everyone is staring at me and judging me. I can't do much about it but it really puts me down, even though my family tell me that it's fine. Although it's something small, it makes me feel as though I do not want to carry on with the course and I do t know what do do. I just had to get this off my mind.
Reply 1
Well, put it like this, most people don't care about you enough to remember these sorts of details. Those who do remember this minor detail likely won't care either and won't judge you negatively for it. If anyone does use it against you for whatever reason, that just says more about them than it does about you. Be kind to yourself. It truly isn't a big deal, even if you feel like it is (feelings are not facts!). You are fine as you are and I'm sure you'll be a wonderful nurse to those children who will need you in the years to come.
I am not promoting Botox, but I have a similar issue and it did help me for about 2 months. Have you considered botox for that the cosmetic aspect?

I had more around that eye and a little on the other side. I don't use it to smooth out lines and wrinkle, just keep my eye up a little.

I've never even really thought about other people and what they think about it.

People are mostly so concerned about their own looks and what other people think of THEM. And you are in nursing, it would have to be really unsympathetic/*****y colleagues to criticise you for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending