Turn on thread page Beta

Love handles on an underweight person? watch

ReputationRep:
    No, could you elaborate though? All I ever do as exercise is run and bike!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    No, could you elaborate though? All I ever do as exercise is run and bike!
    Run and bike are excellent cardio workouts - keep your heart and lungs in good order and burn calories.

To define your love handles and stomach it is a good idea to do 'crunches' and associated stretching. Minimum 20 repetitions at a time.

And now, by way of illustration ....

ReputationRep:
    ^^ I'm with you guys, I don't necessarily think the OP is 'skinny fat'. sometimes being underweight gives you odd proportions/shape. I know I really did used to have 'love handles' at a bmi of about 17, although my bodyfat was a normal level, cause I had no hips at all so it made any fat in that area way more noticable.

(side note - love those pics Tufts:p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Run and bike are excellent cardio workouts - keep your heart and lungs in good order and burn calories.

To define your love handles and stomach it is a good idea to do 'crunches' and associated stretching. Minimum 20 repetitions at a time.

And now, by way of illustration ....

thank you! that's awesome

ReputationRep:
    you guys are dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metropolis)
    you guys are dumb
    they're dumb? Have you seen your profile pic you runt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    How do you know?
    that she's skinny fat? Because she has a low Lean Body mass (skinny), but has a body fat high enough to collect as fat on her hips. Like all skinny fat people (of which I was one), need to increase Lean Body mass, and decrease bodyfat.

(Original post by AMummy)
    My you have got issues - shall we start with anger?:rolleyes:
    my mummy didnt pay me enough attention

ReputationRep:
    you guys are dumb

Lawl.

Please teach me to be as cool as you, I'm sick of being dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for everyones advice - i'll try the things that have been suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    that she's skinny fat? Because she has a low Lean Body mass (skinny), but has a body fat high enough to collect as fat on her hips. Like all skinny fat people (of which I was one), need to increase Lean Body mass, and decrease bodyfat.
    My body fat percentage is at 'fitness level' and yet I have love handles and a wee pot. Now if I were 'skinny fat' I would have around 30% body fat (albiet internal but the electric current scales would still measure it) but my body fat when measured with the electric current scales is considered "fit".

Explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    My body fat percentage is at 'fitness level' and yet I have love handles and a wee pot. Now if I were 'skinny fat' I would have around 30% body fat (albiet internal but the electric current scales would still measure it) but my body fat when measured with the electric current scales is considered "fit".

Explain?

Firstly those electical impulse monitors are not accurate.
    Secondly even at fitness level you have some body fat, this will be distrubuted differently on different people.
    Fitness level is not a discrete amount of bf, so I cant comment on that.
    Thirdly, you exercise and diet, the OP does not as she is currently asking for advice.
    Fourthly the OP is different to you
    Fifthly the OP at 90lbs with fat deposits, it is a classic indicator of skinny fat, i.e. low LBM and a relatively high amount of adispose tissue

Ask yourself: how can a scale determine fitness levels? Quite rightly, fit and healthy people have a degree of adipose tissue distributed around the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Lawl.

Please teach me to be as cool as you, I'm sick of being dumb.
    no, not you. Your posts were smart.

(Original post by supernova2)
    they're dumb? Have you seen your profile pic you runt.
    sorry, i don't want to have sex with you.

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i don't want to have sex with you.
    Considering how ****ing tiny you are, If I wanted to have sex with you I don't think you'd have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    Considering how ****ing tiny you are, If I wanted to have sex with you I don't think you'd have a choice.
    haha oh yeah i forgot, that size is everything =)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.