Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    With exams getting easier and readily available help materials such as the internet, do you not think that the effort needed to achieve a B or lower is extremely low?

If everyone put in effort at school im sure they could get all A*/A grades.

Tbh if people are achieving B or below i really dont think that further education is for them.

think what our economy will be like in another 10-15 years. In tatters me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    No. What's pathetic is people using apostrophes after the grade letters to show that they're a plural! I think if you did that in a GCSE English exam you will get a big curvy D Thus to conclude this, GCSE exams are not pathetic but they are pathetic because they do not firmly intrigue students to learn the foundation of different subjects properly.

PARADOX.

ReputationRep:
    It rather depends on what school you go to.

When you go to an inner city school that has been flagged as being in the bottom 10% in the country, to get a Bs and Cs is a bloody achievement.

It also depends on your potential. If it's your best effort and you come out with a D, when you were predicted a U, that's brilliant. There are plenty of courses for people who might not do so well at the academic side of things in further education.

To be honest, I think what you're saying is actually the biggest load of **** I've heard all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    No. What's pathetic is people using apostrophes after the grade letters to show that they're a plural! I think if you did that in a GCSE exam you won't get more than a D Thus so conclude this, GCSE exams are not pathetic but they are pathetic because they do not firmly intrigue students to learn the foundation of different subjects properly.

PARADOX.
    Actually, he is perfectly correct.

ReputationRep:
    I agree on C's, B's are fine, really the 5 A*-C thing should change to 5 A*-B including english and maths. I am not a bright spark but two of my GCSE's I put no work in for at all and still ended up with C's. I shouldn't be able to do that.

ReputationRep:
    It is posts like this that really deminish peoples acheivements. Just because you can get A*s and As, doesn't mean the whole world can. As long as people are happy with their results, did their best, and can do what they want in the future, then its not your buisness to judge them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyD)
    Tbh if people are achieving B or below i really dont think that further education is for them.
    Are you having a laugh? If people are achieving B or below, that's probably quarter of the population of less.

Not every job/uni requires A/A*.

ReputationRep:
    No. What's pathetic is people using apostrophes after the grade letters to show that they're a plural! I think if you did that in a GCSE exam you won't get more than a D Thus so conclude this, GCSE exams are not pathetic but they are pathetic because they do not firmly intrigue students to learn the foundation of different subjects properly.

PARADOX.
    you nerd, you need us to help you with your coursework, pathetic.

oh wait didn't you do your gcses in 2007 and you need help with gcse coursework in 2008?? you need to pretend you got x a* to make you seem clever.

ReputationRep:
    tbh getting even an A at gcse isn't really that difficult now.

Anyone getting Cs at gcse with core subjects is just either an idiot or not using their potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimeLady)
    It is posts like this that really deminish peoples acheivements. Just because you can get A*s and As, doesn't mean the whole world can. As long as people are happy with their results, did their best, and can do what they want in the future, then its not your buisness to judge them.
    Exactly

ReputationRep:

PARADOX.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)

oh wait didn't you do your gcses in 2007 and you need help with gcse coursework in 2008?? you need to pretend you got x a* to make you seem clever.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think what you are saying is just a bit pathetic, what i put in to my GCSE's was the best i could put in.
    Through the 2 year course i went through more emotional problems than some people dont experience in a life time.
    But i still put my all in to my school work.
    So what i only got 1 A, 2 Bs and 6 Cs. The A and Bs i got are the ones i am doing for A level.
    I tried my hardest, and if thats not good enough for your ideal world, well screw you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bateman)

Psst, you can do GCSEs and complete them in Year 10 within that 1 year too you know? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    tbh getting even an A at gcse isn't really that difficult now.

Anyone getting Cs at gcse with core subjects is just either an idiot or not using their potential.

what a mong.next it'd be A*s

ReputationRep:
    No. What's pathetic is people using apostrophes after the grade letters to show that they're a plural!
    LOL

If they are pathetic, how come most sixth forms have 5 A*-Cs as there entry requirement? Why isn't it 5 A*-A?
    Why is the GCSE pass rate set as 5 A*-C instead of 5 A*-A? Basically Bs and Cs do matter otherwise you can't get into sixth form, and can't get in to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reductio)
    Actually, he is perfectly correct.
    Explain.

No. What's pathetic is people using apostrophes after the grade letters to show that they're a plural!
    I love grammar pedantry, rep for you tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, you plank. I achieved (yes, ACHIEVED) B's and C's in my GCSEs, yet i'll probably be more succesful than you because i don't have your god awful attitude. Get a bloody grip.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.