The Student Room Group

3 A-levels in 1 year

Good day to everyone! I wanted to ask whether it was possible for me to finish 2 subjects (Biology and Math for medicine) AS and A2 in year 12 only. I don't want to waste another year in year 13 so i just want to finish them all off this year. I was thinking about distributing them on the 3 sessions (Nov, Feb, June) in this way:

~Biology AS Cambridge AND Math AS Edexcel (P1, P2, M1) in oct/nov
~Math A2 Edexcel (only P3) in feb/march
~Biology A2 Cambridge AND Math A2 Edexcel (P3, S1) in may/june

I was also considering adding 1 more subject to the plan making it 3 subjects. What do you think? Is it possible/preferable? I kept in mind the maximum amount of sessions/sittings to be 5.

Another question, I wanted to know which well-known and accredited universities/countries require only 2 or less A-level subjects for Medical faculties please so I could finish them without spending another year. Thank you!
Reply 1
All medical universities will require 3 alevels. Why exactly do you want to do them in one year? How are u planning on getting a level predications to apply when you have only been doing a levels for a month? How are you expecting to get the necessary work experience?
Reply 2
Original post by ASHWHS
All medical universities will require 3 alevels. Why exactly do you want to do them in one year? How are u planning on getting a level predications to apply when you have only been doing a levels for a month? How are you expecting to get the necessary work experience?

3 A levels in 1 year would be too much so I'll probably take year 13 as well. Well I was thinking about basically focusing on the subject/paper to score well on each instead of dividing my focus onto all at once throughout the year just to write them all in may/june session and possibly forget stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by Da.vi.d._01
3 A levels in 1 year would be too much so I'll probably take year 13 as well. Well I was thinking about basically focusing on the subject/paper to score well on each instead of dividing my focus onto all at once throughout the year just to write them all in may/june session and possibly forget stuff.

Being realistic there’s no way you could learn all the content for a 2 year course and learn the exam technique required for each aspect of the exam in a few months. Furthermore? Since when can you take exams several times throughout the year?

Quick Reply