Are you going to go clubbing at university next year?

Watch
AANN99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Given the dangers of Covid, are you going out clubbing next year at uni? I used to go out a lot but am on the fence about whether I should continue to do this next year.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
No because of my terrible social anxiety and fear of being drugged and then sexually assaulted by white men.
Annabelle147
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AANN99)
Given the dangers of Covid, are you going out clubbing next year at uni? I used to go out a lot but am on the fence about whether I should continue to do this next year.
I really love going on a night out as a 19 year old, but I will be a first year student in September and I feel like I will miss out on all the opportunities like freshers week etc. I’m like you, is it going to be safe and will I be able to enjoy myself?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Will the club be open? 🙄 Gym's aren't even allowed yet.
AANN99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Will the club be open? 🙄 Gym's aren't even allowed yet.
Good point, however for me freshers is nearly 4 months away in the last week of September so they could be open by then.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good point, however for me freshers is nearly 4 months away in the last week of September so they could be open by then.
I hope your not doing a maths degree....because it's the 3rd of July... That's barely 3 month's...

I doubt it, because the UK still has festering infection and when people come back from Holiday, drinking at Pub's... I doubt the infection will disappear here. The UK isn't as a nation very good at social distancing, tracking and tracing etc.

Pretty sure comparing UK to continent performance makes that pretty obvious. You would need Germany, Italy and Spain to come close to UK daily case counts... For the past month and a half 😂.
JOSH4598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I discovered that my first choice uni town has 4 nightclubs. 3 of them are closing down permanently. 2 due to Covid, the other is being turned into apartments! The remaining one is unlikely to open for some time too - or at least will only allow well below full capacity. So I think that's a resounding no!!:thumbsup:
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe not first semester but I do hope to go second semester, as a healthcare student I will get a bit of priority for the vaccine, plus I go to uni in Scotland and they are close to eradicating covid apart from a few flare ups. I will only go if it's safe though, if I don't have the vaccine I will probably not as I do not want to endanger my patients who are some of the most vulnerable in society (despite we will probably be wearing full PPE whilst doing clinical work). My city does have over a dozen clubs who are all extremely profitable so I'm sure at least a handful will open if they are allowed to.

Plus it is still a while until Uni starts, by a while I mean basically the total time we have so far spent in lockdown between now and then, so it should be under control hopefully.
Ghostlady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One of the clubs in lancaster is temporarily turning their dance floor into a bar so people can still go for a drink. if it helps keep the club going into bankrupcy until better times and done in a safe way, then i think its a good idea.
AANN99
Rep:
?
I hope your not doing a maths degree....because it's the 3rd of July... That's barely 3 month's...

I doubt it, because the UK still has festering infection and when people come back from Holiday, drinking at Pub's... I doubt the infection will disappear here. The UK isn't as a nation very good at social distancing, tracking and tracing etc.

Pretty sure comparing UK to continent performance makes that pretty obvious. You would need Germany, Italy and Spain to come close to UK daily case counts... For the past month and a half 😂.
Haha, ironically I'm doing a masters in Economics which requires a lot of maths. I meant my course starts end of October lol
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Haha, ironically I'm doing a masters in Economics which requires a lot of maths. I meant my course starts end of October lol
Hahaha... 😂 Well good luck! I'm starting my MSc in Change Management (Business) in Netherlands in early September. They're back to normal...let's hope the UK isn't in lockdown again by then... I'm really lucky i didn't continue my education in UK after undergrad... This moving back of course start dates ends up causing you to miss a jobs cycle! Basically turns it inro a 2 year master. Since you won't be finished by next September... Had a Leed's offer and Manchester offer...had i chosen one of those i would be pissed!
AANN99
Rep:
?
Hahaha... 😂 Well good luck! I'm starting my MSc in Change Management (Business) in Netherlands in early September. They're back to normal...let's hope the UK isn't in lockdown again by then... I'm really lucky i didn't continue my education in UK after undergrad... This moving back of course start dates ends up causing you to miss a jobs cycle! Basically turns it inro a 2 year master. Since you won't be finished by next September... Had a Leed's offer and Manchester offer...had i chosen one of those i would be pissed!
That's true about the job cycles, very annoying but I was planning to do a Phd anyway lol. Also yeah, good call doing the MSc in Netherlands, dodged a bullet.
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's true about the job cycles, very annoying but I was planning to do a Phd anyway lol. Also yeah, good call doing the MSc in Netherlands, dodged a bullet.
Thanks! 👏 I'm already a mature student...so for me another year might be more tragic then alot of the younger grads i have to admit, probably won't be a problem for most... Though what would you do during that long gap, that would piss me off even more 😂. I mean just the last 4 months of not really having a day goal has been annoying...obviously i finished my degree from home but felt a bit Superficial somehow.

Good luck on your master's and subsequent PhD!
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
I discovered that my first choice uni town has 4 nightclubs. 3 of them are closing down permanently. 2 due to Covid, the other is being turned into apartments! The remaining one is unlikely to open for some time too - or at least will only allow well below full capacity. So I think that's a resounding no!!:thumbsup:
This sounds like you’re coming to York?
AANN99
Rep:
?
Thanks! 👏 I'm already a mature student...so for me another year might be more tragic then alot of the younger grads i have to admit, probably won't be a problem for most... Though what would you do during that long gap, that would piss me off even more 😂. I mean just the last 4 months of not really having a day goal has been annoying...obviously i finished my degree from home but felt a bit Superficial somehow.

Good luck on your master's and subsequent PhD!
Thanks man and true it doesn't feel the same doing exams at home, no graduation or anything etc.
JOSH4598
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MajorFader)
This sounds like you’re coming to York?
Now you should be a detective!:grin:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (81)
38.57%
Take autumn exams (71)
33.81%
Look for a job (6)
2.86%
Consider an apprenticeship (7)
3.33%
Take a year out (32)
15.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
6.19%

Watched Threads