The Student Room Group

Waking up but not bothered to work out.

Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri are all the days of the week where I work out, I work on different parts everything, however on a chest day for example, I might do a little bit of shoulders etc.

Anyways, today was gonna be abs, however I have got up and I just simply can't be bothered, I am going out for the day soon which is probably a part of the reason, whilst it is annoying, I feel like if I'm not motivated, I shouldn't do it, I'm usually always up for it, how bad is missing one day?
Original post by cbaforcba
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri are all the days of the week where I work out, I work on different parts everything, however on a chest day for example, I might do a little bit of shoulders etc.

Anyways, today was gonna be abs, however I have got up and I just simply can't be bothered, I am going out for the day soon which is probably a part of the reason, whilst it is annoying, I feel like if I'm not motivated, I shouldn't do it, I'm usually always up for it, how bad is missing one day?

Yep, it's bad - don't do it. If you miss today, what about missing tomorrow? Or maybe a day next week when you've 'got something to do'. And then another day. And then another. And then you're a flabby mess in no time.

Do them. It won't take long - and then it's done. :smile:
Reply 2

If you "[miss] one day" you won't turn turn fat. However, if you consistently miss workouts you'll turn fat in no time (assuming you're eating the same or more). Try to stick to a routine, and try to minimise days off. For example, if you work out 5 days a week, the reasonable thing is to rest 2 days, but just because you take "one day" extra off, doesn't mean you've failed.
Could you work out in the evening/night instead? Sometimes I skip my workout in the morning because I can't be bothered, but then by the evening I feel more motivated. But if not, it's okay to take a day off.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Yep, it's bad - don't do it. If you miss today, what about missing tomorrow? Or maybe a day next week when you've 'got something to do'. And then another day. And then another. And then you're a flabby mess in no time.

Do them. It won't take long - and then it's done. :smile:

Today was going to be an Ab day, did about 20 minutes, better than nothing, to be fair I just thought it wasn't a good idea to do something when you're not motivated cause it could just make you dislike it, however at least I did something, will just try and do more tomorrow :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by gtty123
If you "[miss] one day" you won't turn turn fat. However, if you consistently miss workouts you'll turn fat in no time (assuming you're eating the same or more). Try to stick to a routine, and try to minimise days off. For example, if you work out 5 days a week, the reasonable thing is to rest 2 days, but just because you take "one day" extra off, doesn't mean you've failed.

Yeah, like I said it a previous reply, I did some Ab stuff just so I could do abit, wasn't much, but better than nothing, but yeah, I am definitely to strict on myself, whilst one day off isn't gonna do much, I just feel guilty, ready to go again next week :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by TheAnxiousSloth
Could you work out in the evening/night instead? Sometimes I skip my workout in the morning because I can't be bothered, but then by the evening I feel more motivated. But if not, it's okay to take a day off.

True, I am just abit OCD about things, once I get into a routine, would rather just stick to it or not do it at all rather than change it
Reply 7
Yeah, like I said it a previous reply, I did some Ab stuff just so I could do abit, wasn't much, but better than nothing, but yeah, I am definitely to strict on myself, whilst one day off isn't gonna do much, I just feel guilty, ready to go again next week :smile:

Well done. That's a positive mindset to have 🙂.

Quick Reply

Latest