The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship or University

I have just finished year 12. Im studying business studies, maths and economics. my target grade is AAB and im working at AAC. I'm an international student but would have done my A-levels in England. This leaves me in an uncertain situation where I don't know how much ill have to pay for university. I'll either have to pay international fees or take a gap year and pay english fees. The reason I wouldn't want to take a gap is i'm already quite old. moving from South Africa messed up my education and that means i'll just have turned 21 in september I start. I'm really keen to make strong friendship in england and uni would be a great place to do that. however, I worry age might be an issue. This all leads me to look into degree apprenticeships. The financial benefit is great and the only two problems is see are lack of social life (how different is it to university life?) and studying very specific. If I were to go to uni I would probably do business economics or something along that. there are a few apprenticeships i am interested in however they offer accounting degrees. I wouldn't mind doing an accounting degree but people i've spoken to say it's very boring and difficult. I want to know, if i do apprenticeship, how is it structured,how long ill be in uni making friends and enjoying that life, while still working. And if doing a apprenticeship narrows my career opportunities.
Reply 1
Not sure what you are looking at? Most accounting apprenticeships do professional qualifications rather than degrees. Could you post a link for one of them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending