alice.ma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!
From September I am likely to attend Digital Media (MA) at London Metropolitan University. I am asking for a loan to my bank and they want me to give them a general estimation of how much I am likely to pay for my academic books. Is there anyone who has attended this course who can help me? Or someone who knows a general price range for books?

Thank you very much in advance!
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alice.ma)
Hello!
From September I am likely to attend Digital Media (MA) at London Metropolitan University. I am asking for a loan to my bank and they want me to give them a general estimation of how much I am likely to pay for my academic books. Is there anyone who has attended this course who can help me? Or someone who knows a general price range for books?

Thank you very much in advance!
Congrats. I had a look at the website for your course and something is off. Typically a masters is made up of 180 credits. There is the 60-credit dissertation (no books needed for that, mainly academic articles). Then there should be 120 credits made up of 10 or 20-credit modules. For some reason, the website is showing eleven 20-credit modules. This is bonkers and you should contact the uni to clarify.

Regardless, if you have twelve 20-credit modules to complete then factor in £50 per book per module you are left with a book bill of 12*50=£600.

Nowadays unis provide free ebooks so the bill may be less.
alice.ma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Congrats. I had a look at the website for your course and something is off. Typically a masters is made up of 180 credits. There is the 60-credit dissertation (no books needed for that, mainly academic articles). Then there should be 120 credits made up of 10 or 20-credit modules. For some reason, the website is showing eleven 20-credit modules. This is bonkers and you should contact the uni to clarify.

Regardless, if you have twelve 20-credit modules to complete then factor in £50 per book per module you are left with a book bill of 12*50=£600.

Nowadays unis provide free ebooks so the bill may be less.
Thank you for your answer!
There are so many modules because many of them are optional so it is up to me choosing the ones I want to attend!

I really appreciate your answer and your kindness, thank you so much! It is very helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (101)
38.26%
Take autumn exams (85)
32.2%
Look for a job (8)
3.03%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.41%
Take a year out (44)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
6.44%

Watched Threads