Synergy_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hypothetically, if you are going through a breakup, what is the ideal thing you would want your friend to do to help?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Id wan them to send me chocolate.

Erm, for real though, probably to just be there for me.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just hear me vent tbh. Not much else to do really.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just be there to listen to me and tell me their honest I.E. not sugarcoated thoughts on the situation
joan7594
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Synergy_)
Hypothetically, if you are going through a breakup, what is the ideal thing you would want your friend to do to help?
Be there to let me rant, and keep me busy
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hear me rant
Listen
Hugs
Chocolate
Hugs
Hugs
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Go on holiday. Adrenaline sports. Skydiving. Swim with sharks. Ride a bear together into battle against ISIS. Break into Mike Tyson's mansion, steel his tiger.

That sort of stuff.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not put pressure on me to be “happy” or “get over it” or to go out if I don’t want.
Not be offended if I just want to be alone for a bit.
Synergy_
Rep:
?
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Go on holiday. Adrenaline sports. Skydiving. Swim with sharks. Ride a bear together into battle against ISIS. Break into Mike Tyson's mansion, steel his tiger.

That sort of stuff.

I am serious. I really want to do the most ideal things and I know I can just be there for her, but I want to cheer her up as much as possible.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I am serious. I really want to do the most ideal things and I know I can just be there for her, but I want to cheer her up as much as possible.
Well, I did start out serious but decided to turn it into a parody. Every guy will be different, and certainly more different than a girl going through a breakup. In my case, just spending more time with friends would work, and seeing as I'm the 'active' type... some sort of sporty holiday with up-lifting people would work well.

I don't know her on the other hand, at all. Obviously. What does she like/dislike? It's difficult for me to suggest anything tailored here. Is she extroverted or introverted? Does she like talking a lot? I don't know. Is there something you know she wanted to do, but forgot about or didn't find the time to, because of her relationship perhaps?

It's nice that you are this thoughtful. Those are some things to think about.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Listen to me ranting and complaining, also have fun and normal chats, meet up and spend time together, and perhaps reminding me I am loveable if it was a very bad relationship. Just nice knowing that someone cares about you, and is there for you.
Synergy_
Rep:
?
Thank you guys so much for your help. She is coming over, and I went and bought her lots of vegan chocolates and ice cream (she is lactose intolerant) and will make sure to give her loads of hugs. Will be there for her, hear her out and e honest, and not pressure her to be happy (:

(Original post by NonIndigenous)
Well, I did start out serious but decided to turn it into a parody. Every guy will be different, and certainly more different than a girl going through a breakup. In my case, just spending more time with friends would work, and seeing as I'm the 'active' type... some sort of sporty holiday with up-lifting people would work well.

I don't know her on the other hand, at all. Obviously. What does she like/dislike? It's difficult for me to suggest anything tailored here. Is she extroverted or introverted? Does she like talking a lot? I don't know. Is there something you know she wanted to do, but forgot about or didn't find the time to, because of her relationship perhaps?

It's nice that you are this thoughtful. Those are some things to think about.
Yeah, you do have a point.

She is basically just coming over and it will be hard to go out, but that is a great idea anyway. Maybe for the future if she still needs it I can take her to visit another city here (she is active too).

Yeah, you're right. Yeahh she is quite extroverted. She just messaged me though and told me that she needs to cry it all out and does not like people see her cry, so we will just have a day in.

Thank you for this advice. It is so helpful and will consider doing it as the days pass by if she needs it.

Thank you.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you guys so much for your help. She is coming over, and I went and bought her lots of vegan chocolates and ice cream (she is lactose intolerant) and will make sure to give her loads of hugs. Will be there for her, hear her out and e honest, and not pressure her to be happy (:

Yeah, you do have a point.

She is basically just coming over and it will be hard to go out, but that is a great idea anyway. Maybe for the future if she still needs it I can take her to visit another city here (she is active too).

Yeah, you're right. Yeahh she is quite extroverted. She just messaged me though and told me that she needs to cry it all out and does not like people see her cry, so we will just have a day in.

Thank you for this advice. It is so helpful and will consider doing it as the days pass by if she needs it.

Thank you.
Good luck, you're such a good friend 🥺
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (44)
40.74%
Take autumn exams (38)
35.19%
Look for a job (2)
1.85%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.78%
Take a year out (15)
13.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
5.56%

Watched Threads