The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doubt I'm going to earn 1m quid, but I hope to make a lot when I'm running a salon in London.
Reply 2
I'd rather it be a result of a good life than a goal.
Reply 3
I'm going to give it my best shot. Then I shall hoard it.
I don't really have a desire to have as much money as possible, but a mill would be nice.
I'm up for it. I'm considering a number of career paths; robber and drug dealer are at the forefront of my mind currently. If anyone has any other ideas (not pimp though - tried it and it's high risk early on) then I'm always open to new possibilities. I've been thinking about murder but am not sure exactly what can be gained? If anyone has studied a BA/BSc in Murder then maybe they could give me a few pointers?
I haven't really got a desire for it tbh, yeah it would be nice, but there's other things more important to me such as being happy, having good friends and family and having a brilliant career.
God no, I have no idea what I want to do as a job never mind that.
No. Success I yearn for, money is peripheral and at a certain level extraneous.
If all goes well I'll hit a mill by 2014. all WILL go well :biggrin:.
Reply 10
LukeatForest
I'm up for it. I'm considering a number of career paths; robber and drug dealer are at the forefront of my mind currently. If anyone has any other ideas (not pimp though - tried it and it's high risk early on) then I'm always open to new possibilities. I've been thinking about murder but am not sure exactly what can be gained? If anyone has studied a BA/BSc in Murder then maybe they could give me a few pointers?

I haven't but I've heard you can read it part time at MI6. Can't see it making you much money, though; stick to selling sweets.
Reply 11
jismith1989
No. Success I yearn for, money is peripheral and at a certain level extraneous.

Well it depends what way you look at it.

personally, i yearn for money and success is just a bonus.
Reply 12
Bateman

i yearn for money

Why yearn for money? To what end?
Bateman
Well it depends what way you look at it.

personally, i yearn for money and success is just a bonus.

So if someone were to give you £10m, you could quite happily not work or have any more career goals?
Reply 14
jismith1989
So if someone were to give you £10m, you could quite happily not work or have any more career goals?

no because to be successful in the career i want to do it'd be more than that.

Edit: ahh i just realised what you mean, you're right, but i value money over success, because what is success, providing for your family, happyness etc money helps with all of those.
Reply 15
1million, pfft I'm going for the 2million mark :biggrin:
Reply 16
Should be easier for us to earn a million when we start to work due to inflation.
Reply 17
I wonder how much you have to have before its impossible to start earning more without trying.
Reply 18
It depends what walk of life you're in, but if you're in one where money is the main aim, then £1m is nothing. You can't live that great a life with nowadays.

If I end up in a job or field or whatever where money isn't my main aim, I'd want £50k or so a year when I'm just supporting myself and above £150k when and if I have a family.

If I was doing something purely for the money, I'll want to have made my first million well before 30.
If someone gave me £10m i would still work!! i love having goals and things to aim for; thats the whole point of life! and then when you achieve things it feels amazing, which money cant buy you. It just makes you comfortable and can get you useful contacts...

Latest

Trending

Trending