Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeatForest)
    I'm up for it. I'm considering a number of career paths; robber and drug dealer are at the forefront of my mind currently. If anyone has any other ideas (not pimp though - tried it and it's high risk early on) then I'm always open to new possibilities. I've been thinking about murder but am not sure exactly what can be gained? If anyone has studied a BA/BSc in Murder then maybe they could give me a few pointers?
    haha
    i got the same intetions but mine is if i turn 33 an i haven made upto 120k in my acc dem am deffo dealin or robbin amn mite move to brazil to pimp as well ship girls n dat as for killin will only do if the offer is 500k per kill n de person will take responsibility for the body lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    So if someone were to give you £10m, you could quite happily not work or have any more career goals?
    which to be honest is exactly what i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam o0o)
    In the top 100 richest people in the UK, something like 75 didn't go to uni. If you have a degree, it's easier, so more tempting to just work for other people all your life and never really push for the ultra-mega-huge moneyzz.

Random fact for you all. Those figures are a guess btw, but it's the general gist.
    if your daddy or mommy owns a company why would you want to waste years in uni?

ReputationRep:
    Not a desire really, no desires pertaining to money, my desires are the usual cliched ones you know, be happy etc. etc. If I make £1m or more, result. If not as long as I lead a fulfilling life it wont bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to graduate from one of the top universities to earn a fortune, but you need determination and motivation to succeed. Many businessmen/women don't have any qualifications. My dad isn't academic but he's a free-range poultry farmer and earns about £100k a year, with a turnover of £150k.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is littered with ridiculously pretentious self-delusional statements. If you have a great idea, stop talking about how great it is and just start doing something with it!

All this talk of money-making through business ventures makes it seem faaaar too easy as well, if it was so easy to make millions off the web there would be way more guys like Zuckerburg making millions. As it is, they're the brilliant exceptions. Also lowstart up costs does not increase the likelihood of profitability when dealing with the INTERNET! Facebook is just a massively overpriced but useful thing right now, it's stocks are overpriced by Microsoft throwing it's money around when they bought a fraction of it. When investors realize that they'd better start looking at turnovers and profit margins rather than just how awesome something sounds on computer the flurry of huge buy-outs etc. will end or at least be extremely scarce. Basically you better hope people are still this stupid by the time you guys start rolling out your facebook/bebo/myspace copycats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_145)
    You don't need to graduate from one of the top universities to earn a fortune, but you need determination and motivation to succeed. Many businessmen/women don't have any qualifications. My dad isn't academic but he's a free-range poultry farmer and earns about £100k a year, with a turnover of £150k.
    Why do you keep repeating this?! I'm not being funny but this is about the third time you've told us about your Dad. Congrats and all but I'm not really sure why you keep telling us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Why do you keep repeating this?! I'm not being funny but this is about the third time you've told us about your Dad. Congrats and all but I'm not really sure why you keep telling us...
    I didn't post it three times. I posted it twice because I changed it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifyouwannaberalphslover)
    i'm already a fat millionaire - everytime i did yo momma, she gave me a biscuit and a pound

But she's too good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theiloth)
    this thread is littered with ridiculously pretentious self-delusional statements. If you have a great idea, stop talking about how great it is and just start doing something with it!

All this talk of money-making through business ventures makes it seem faaaar too easy as well, if it was so easy to make millions off the web there would be way more guys like Zuckerburg making millions. As it is, they're the brilliant exceptions. Also lowstart up costs does not increase the likelihood of profitability when dealing with the INTERNET! Facebook is just a massively overpriced but useful thing right now, it's stocks are overpriced by Microsoft throwing it's money around when they bought a fraction of it. When investors realize that they'd better start looking at turnovers and profit margins rather than just how awesome something sounds on computer the flurry of huge buy-outs etc. will end or at least be extremely scarce. Basically you better hope people are still this stupid by the time you guys start rolling out your facebook/bebo/myspace copycats.
    You talking to me? I have lots of great ideas, and I have done lots with them. Internet business I have no experience with, apart from things like ebay and stuff.

£1million doesn't really go very far tbh. You'd have to be worth £3million++ to actually feel like a millionaire.

ReputationRep:
    You talking to me? I have lots of great ideas, and I have done lots with them. Internet business I have no experience with, apart from things like ebay and stuff.
    Can we have the name of a brand or company you started please... Otherwise, heck, you may be making all this stuff up and we wouldn't want to accuse of that now would we?

ReputationRep:
    That would be a pretty awesome milestone to reach =] Better than the money would be the achievement, as in knowing you've earnt £1m would be better than having it because you won or inherited it or gained it in some other luck based way. Not that having that kinda money wouldn't be totally awesome too x]

ReputationRep:
    As far as i'm concerned i'm a millionaire already. In Zimbabwe dollars at least :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Can we have the name of a brand or company you started please... Otherwise, heck, you may be making all this stuff up and we wouldn't want to accuse of that now would we?
    No, you can't have the name. I do not wish to be identifiable to every guy on this forum with my name and address.

You can think I'm making this up if you like. I really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    No, you can't have the name. I do not wish to be identifiable to every guy on this forum with my name and address.
    As I thought. What do you think we're going to do? Spam you? Write horrible thins about you in the trade press? Give me a break....

ReputationRep:
    there are so many ****wads in this thead.I've had like 10 neg reps saying I'm a deluded dreamer and I didn't even state any of my business ideas. I'm glad so many of you think its impossibly difficult to be financially successful. less competition for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    As I thought. What do you think we're going to do? Spam you? Write horrible thins about you in the trade press? Give me a break....
    No, I don't think that.

What I do know is:

I do not wish to divulde political views to clients. I have clients in cuba and such who I do not wish to offend. I am also looking at supplying governmental organsitions. Just being careful, as I do not want to make them go elsewhere if they radically disagree with my views.

I also do not wish to give my clients an idea of my age. On here, you would rapidly realise I am pretty young, but in business most of it is over the phone or email. Ageism unfortunately still exists.

Solowolf, the skepisism others have is great, people think business is difficult and always a waste of time, a myth which the apprentice and dragons den continue to suggest, which is, as you said, great for those of us who do it as less competion for us.

Some people hate risk and challenge, and like the predictibility of a 9 to 5 job. I'm not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iliketurtles)
    Will EEE educate you in how to paragraph properly?
    Actually yes, there is a course by 'Sunny Bains'(google the name) called technical communication and she teaches IC students all that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    No, I don't think that.

What I do know is:

I do not wish to divulde political views to clients. I have clients in cuba and such who I do not wish to offend. I am also looking at supplying governmental organsitions. Just being careful, as I do not want to make them go elsewhere if they radically disagree with my views.

I also do not wish to give my clients an idea of my age. On here, you would rapidly realise I am pretty young, but in business most of it is over the phone or email. Ageism unfortunately still exists.

Solowolf, the skepisism others have is great, people think business is difficult and always a waste of time, a myth which the apprentice and dragons den continue to suggest, which is, as you said, great for those of us who do it as less competion for us.

Some people hate risk and challenge, and like the predictibility of a 9 to 5 job. I'm not one of them.
    a) I'm 'looking to' be the world's greatest sex God. Is it going to happen? No.
    b) How many of your clients know your TSR username? How many people are going to pass on that information to your clients? Zero (if what you say is true...)
    c) Less competition? You do realise that for every single one of us realists in this thread, there are a million other deluded fools like you?
    d) You sound like a pretentious arse. 'I hate the predictability of the 9-5 grind'.... give it a rest. You do realise that if you ever do become successful, you'll be working to the business hours of everyone else in the world? Its not like there's a secret entrepreneurs world where you all stay up til 4 in the morning, patting each other on the back for all these 'ideas' you have...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.