Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please can I get some recommendations for loving myself I’m a 18 year old girl and I just constantly tear myself apart and compare myself. I’m hardly on Instagram now which has helped. I got this positivity/self love book which I’ve started but so far isn’t doing much tbh. I’ve tried coming to terms that everyone’s different and I don’t need to look like the models on Instagram but honestly that’s not worked. I’m not sure what else to do.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this mainly in terms of appearance?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Is this mainly in terms of appearance?
Yes I know I’m a kind person and get along well with people so I’m very sure of my personality
Bbb1233
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I honestly thought this was about masterbation sorry
You shouldn't compare yourself to others, especially not models and reality stars, their images are false and you are individual. Find something you like such as hobbies or music and give yourself a break.
You are good enough just being yourself
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes I know I’m a kind person and get along well with people so I’m very sure of my personality
Well why not follow any of those people who are into body positivity. Amber Driscoll (is that how you spell it) has mentioned a few somewhere.
RiaWombat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where clothes that fit you and you like and feel comfortable in. Try to think whenever you feel down about your looks it’s not because there’s something wrong with you it’s because of a patriarchal society that historically values women’s appearance above all else.
kitkadd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bbb1233)
I honestly thought this was about masterbation sorry
You shouldn't compare yourself to others, especially not models and reality stars, their images are false and you are individual. Find something you like such as hobbies or music and give yourself a break.
You are good enough just being yourself
Hahah, no.

No I probably shouldn’t, it’s just so difficult not too. Thanks for your help, I’ll try your tips
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Well why not follow any of those people who are into body positivity. Amber Driscoll (is that how you spell it) has mentioned a few somewhere.
Do Already follow a few Not on purpose but I should maybe follow so more what a good idea!! I’ll give it a go thank u!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (65)
23.81%
Better than expected (56)
20.51%
Worse than expected (152)
55.68%

Watched Threads