The Student Room Group

How do you feel if you accidentally leave your phone at home?

Do you come back home just to have it with you?

If I will be meeting with someone, I will definitely come back to get it but if I'm just going to the supermarket or to the mall, I'll leave it be hahahaha

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. If I need to use a phone while Im out, and I forgot mine, I can just borrow a friend's.
Reply 2
Depends how long I will be out. If my mum calls or messages and I don't answer in the hour she will think I'm dead in a ditch or something and she doesn't need that stress.
Original post by mnbvcxzz
Depends how long I will be out. If my mum calls or messages and I don't answer in the hour she will think I'm dead in a ditch or something and she doesn't need that stress.

Same. If I don't answer within the first 5 minutes she's about ready to call the police to come kick my door down to rescue me. She's says "but what if you've fallen down the stairs! 😰" I say "but mam I don't even HAVE stairs! I'm in a ground floor flat! 😑"
bit disappointed as I use it
depends on where I'm going, how far I am, etc on whether I'd go back
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by lazerbeem
Same. If I don't answer within the first 5 minutes she's about ready to call the police to come kick my door down to rescue me. She's says "but what if you've fallen down the stairs! 😰" I say "but mam I don't even HAVE stairs! I'm in a ground floor flat! 😑"

Lol mums are so funny, when they were our age people did not have mobiles and if they could not answer the landline in the day they would not think anything of it.
Original post by griffin1630
Do you come back home just to have it with you?

If I will be meeting with someone, I will definitely come back to get it but if I'm just going to the supermarket or to the mall, I'll leave it be hahahaha

It depends on how far I'll be
l can buy any phone or get one on contract l only have a basic phone it does me fine l dont let a phone control me nor a laptop
Really depends how long I'm going to be out & how far away from home I am at the time.
if i'm going far and i'm by myself then i'd go back but if im just going down the road then i'd leave it
I did that two days ago :console:30 missed calls from my mum (bear in mind all I did was go for a long walk in the forest)
Omg, if I were to ever leave my phone 📱 at home, I don't think I would be able to cope throughout the day.
I've forgotten my phone a few times when I've been driving somewhere, and that makes me a bit nervous in case I break down and can't summon help - I live in a rural area when it could be miles to the nearest phone. Otherwise, I'm never too bothered.
Reply 13
Okay this is weird because I don't think I've ever left my phone at home lol.

Even so... attach my headphones to my Apple Watch. Play music/call off that.

Happy days
I wonder if people were on time more often in the days before mobile phones, because they could not ring to warn they would be late.

I've sometimes gone shopping without it.
I'm gonna assume that I would be able to survive without plus if I was to be kidnapped they would just take it of me so saves them a job I guess
I would be lost without it. It depends how long I will be out for.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PhoenixFortune
I've forgotten my phone a few times when I've been driving somewhere, and that makes me a bit nervous in case I break down and can't summon help - I live in a rural area when it could be miles to the nearest phone. Otherwise, I'm never too bothered.

Same I always worry about driving.
Always has to be on me. I'll notice usually
I forget my phone half of the time. Since I barely use it it's fine lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending