The Student Room Group

GCSE year 10. Fail

I'm gonna be honest, I'm probably the most laziest person in the world. I don't revise. I don't have the determination neither the willpower to do so. My brother told me that when he was doing his GCSEs, he would sit in his bed with all his homework and past papers and would make himself understand and never got up until he understood the concept. Everyone is so hard-working and then there's me. I'm expecting such high grades.. wow. I need some motivation, some tips on how to stay on track.
Reply 1
Gcses aren’t that important unless youre wanting to go to oxbridge. As long as you do little bits of work often, you’ll be fine.

A levels are what you’re gonna want to work hard for
Original post by jbrdodd
Gcses aren’t that important unless youre wanting to go to oxbridge. As long as you do little bits of work often, you’ll be fine.

A levels are what you’re gonna want to work hard for

That's the problem. I do want to go to Oxford or Cambridge.
If that's how you're feeling, then hold onto that - that's your motivation. Even if you believe that you're lazy, that doesn't mean that that's who you are or that that's who you will always be. You just need to spend a few minutes working out how you can manage your time to make your revision effective. Your brother's system may not work for you, and that's not an issue - my sister, for example, likes to wake up early and get done by 3 in the afternoon, whereas I'm an evening person and so prefer to do most of my work in the afternoon and evening. You can do well, it will be difficult to motivate yourself, but you can do it. You might also like to use real-time study with me videos.
Reply 4
Original post by Crystalclear21

Ah right, well Id just advise to just do atleast one past paper everyday and eventually you’ll of done every question possible to a certain extent

Why? Which degree are you thinking of?
Original post by Muttley79
Why? Which degree are you thinking of?

Business and economics why?
The fact that you’ve stated that you want to go to Oxford or Cambridge suggests that you do have some motivation, you may just need a little encouragement. Remember you’re a year 10, not 11 yet. You still have that little bit of time to prepare yourself before you become a year 11. GCSE’s aren’t great, nobody likes them, I didn’t, however, with a little bit of guidance and the right revision tools, I pushed through and exceeded my target grades, I know you can do it as well. I know how you feel as I felt the same way in year 10. You obviously have some motivation if you’re posting this, so hold on to it. Best of luck to you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Business and economics why?

Oxford don't offer that: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/course-listing

Cambridge don't offer that either: https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses

A big rethink needed ...
They offer economics and management and I'm fine with that.

Quick Reply

Latest