The Student Room Group

How do I reference sources in my dissertation?

I have to use the Harvard referencing system.
Most of my sources are online articles some do not have an author and some are youtube videos.
I have tried asking the teacher who does EPQ but she has not responded and is demanding we use the Harvard referencing system.

How do I reference youtube videos?
How do I reference online articles including those with no author?
How do I reference if the information is in more than 1 source, do I just reference 1 of them?
What do I do if I reference different sources in the same paragraph as part of evidence?
I use oscala and they do a handy one page guide, does Harvard not do that?
Web articles I put the link then say last accessed date.
If more than one source that sounds like generic information which may not need referencing. If it’s like government information then just say 1 source. But if it is that author x abd y both agree you need to reference both if you mention both.
Original post by Izzy003
Most of my sources are online articles some do not have an author and some are youtube videos.
I have tried asking the teacher who does EPQ but she has not responded and is demanding we use the Harvard referencing system.

How do I reference if the information is in more than 1 source, do I just reference 1 of them?
What do I do if I reference different sources in the same paragraph as part of evidence?

https://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing
Original post by Izzy003

Go through your universities referencing manual.

Using a reference manager will help

But if you can’t find the author, you can still provide the publisher and URL

Also i recommend citing articles & papers with DOI links, information is easy to find, and generally very easy to ratify and more often then not a very reputable source.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending