Can't calculate my BTEC grade using the Pearson BTEC National calculator

Watch
A-Yellow-Spring
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi there, I've been trying to calculate my grade units for the Business diploma part of my course for days, however I couldn't do it using the BTEC National calculator as I couldn't even find the mandatory units there. I really need help to calculate my overall 2 A-level grade and I would appreciate if anyone could do it for me. I have done units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 19 and 27 in Business level 3 diploma and I have gotten respectively, M, P, P, D, D, P, D, D. What would these unit grades amount to in terms of a 2 A-level grades for my BTEC? Thank you for any responses.
bamtutor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A-Yellow-Spring)
Hi there, I've been trying to calculate my grade units for the Business diploma part of my course for days, however I couldn't do it using the BTEC National calculator as I couldn't even find the mandatory units there. I really need help to calculate my overall 2 A-level grade and I would appreciate if anyone could do it for me. I have done units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 19 and 27 in Business level 3 diploma and I have gotten respectively, M, P, P, D, D, P, D, D. What would these unit grades amount to in terms of a 2 A-level grades for my BTEC? Thank you for any responses.
I assume it is an NQF 2016 course. When you open the spreadsheet cells for rows 9 - 16 are minimised. What you need to do is open and save as, then drag on the cells so that all of the Mandatory units are showing.
You will then be able to input your grades. However for the externally examined units, you need to put in your points and not the grade. You will then be able to calculate the overall grade.
Last edited by bamtutor; 4 weeks ago
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
(Original post by bamtutor)
When you open the spreadsheet cells for rows 9 - 16 are minimised. What you need to do is open and save as, then drag on the cells so that all of the Mandatory units are showing.
You will then be able to input your grades. However for the externally examined units, you need to put in your points and not the grade. You will then be able to calculate the overall grade.
How do I open the rows for 9-16?
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You place your mouse over the numbers in the very first left hand column and drag them down one at a time until they show.
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
You place your mouse over the numbers in the very first left hand column and drag them down one at a time until they show.
I tried to drag them down but I still can't find them.
Name:  20200703_162033.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  52.0 KB
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I opened it they weren't minimised. However you need to put the points and ot the grade in for each unit - if you haven't discovered this then you may have been looking at the wrong spreadsheet. It's the one called BTEC Nationals here https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
When I opened it they weren't minimised. However you need to put the points and ot the grade in for each unit - if you haven't discovered this then you may have been looking at the wrong spreadsheet. It's the one called BTEC Nationals here https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
I always download the BTEC Nationals calculator from this website, but whenever I download it and open it on Excel it always just does this and hides the rows from 8-19
Name:  20200703_162618.jpg
Size:  61.9 KB
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you look at your photo rows 9 - 18 are not showing. Place mouse on top of 19 and try dragging up and down until 18 shows, then do that for all
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
If you look at your photo rows 9 - 18 are not showing. Place mouse on top of 19 and try dragging up and down until 18 shows, then do that for all
It is still not working, even though I tried dragging up and down. I still can't find the 18th row.
Name:  20200703_163511.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  64.9 KB
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m on my phone so can’t check, but maybe google ‘How do I show hidden rows on Excel’
GabiAbi84
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Select the two rows (8 and 19) right click and it should bring up an option to unhide rows
GabiAbi84
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  3F8606EB-04F9-483B-9623-BCDC7D9C1557.jpg.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  26.2 KB
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The rows are hidden by a macro - you can get to them but it's easier to do what they want you to do which is to enter your subject at the top.

If you select Business in the orange 'Select Sector' box at the top then the rows you need should automatically appear. If they don't then try going to another sheet of the spreadsheet and back and then try again.
Last edited by Compost; 4 weeks ago
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can also manually click or drag to expand a hidden row. Hidden rows are indicated by a thicker border line. Move your cursor over this line until it turns into a double bar with arrows. Double click to reveal or click and drag to manually expand the hidden row or rows. (If you've hidden multiple rows, you may have to do this multiple times
or;
1. To unhide all hidden rows in Excel, navigate to the "Home" tab.
2. Click "Format," which is located towards the right hand side of the toolbar.

3. Navigate to the "Visibility" section. You'll find options to hide and unhide both rows and columns.

4. Hover over "Hide & Unhide."

5. Select "Unhide Rows" from the list. This will reveal all hidden rows, a feature especially helpful if you've hidden multiple rows throughout a large spreadsheet.
Last edited by bamtutor; 4 weeks ago
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can also manually click or drag to expand a hidden row. Hidden rows are indicated by a thicker border line. Move your cursor over this line until it turns into a double bar with arrows. Double click to reveal or click and drag to manually expand the hidden row or rows. (If you've hidden multiple rows, you may have to do this multiple times
or;
1. To unhide all hidden rows in Excel, navigate to the "Home" tab.
2. Click "Format," which is located towards the right hand side of the toolbar.

3. Navigate to the "Visibility" section. You'll find options to hide and unhide both rows and columns.

4. Hover over "Hide & Unhide."

5. Select "Unhide Rows" from the list. This will reveal all hidden rows, a feature especially helpful if you've hidden multiple rows throughout a large spreadsheet.
The rows are hidden as part of the functionality of the spreadsheet. If the OP just selects their subject in the drop down at the top then the rows they need will appear
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Hello , I've tried all of the tips that you teo gave me, however whenever I click on the "unhide rows/columns" option, nothing happens. The only thing that I have discovered is that there is another drop down box above the grade inputs.
Name:  20200703_185440.jpg
Size:  67.0 KB
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
Name:  Annotation 2020-07-03 190135.png
Views: 6
Size:  80.8 KB
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
I can tell that there is a space between row 8 and 19 however no matter what I try it just won't do anything for me, could one of you input my grades in for me please? I don't think I will be able to do that myself.
Last edited by A-Yellow-Spring; 4 weeks ago
Kueno Oscar
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who does btec applied science ?
A-Yellow-Spring
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kueno Oscar)
Who does btec applied science ?
There is an applied science forum in the BTEC section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (119)
38.26%
Take autumn exams (96)
30.87%
Look for a job (10)
3.22%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
2.89%
Take a year out (57)
18.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
6.43%

Watched Threads