The Student Room Group

MLM scams

Hi all, I was considering marketing as a back up as the TV and film industry is so hard to get into. After applying for a few marketing assistant jobs Team Jump Entrepreneurs came back to me and I had an interview. After an extensive google search I found this Reddit thread; "https://www.reddit.com/r/canterbury/comments/ekzi8h/there_is_currently_a_fake_company_conducting_scam/" and ditched the interview. So since then a company called Wave Global who look similar have approached me and are promising me the world with an internal promotion program. I was wondering if anyone has information on them? They claim there the biggest direct marketing company in the US with offices all over the globe.
Getting a weird kick out of taking these company for a ride, feel like I'm Phoebe from Friends like "Yeah but they don't know I know.

These are the companies i have found so far to be recruiting graduates which are very sketchy:

- Team Jump Entrepreneurs

- AJG direct

- Bone and Marrow Co

- Alpha Gamma Solutions

If anyone has further information on these companies I really am interested if they are a MLM scams or legit and unlucky to be associated with some of these. I also think we need a new term instead of MLM scam because they do slightly differ lmfao any suggestions? I like From the Employment Line to ringing doorbells all the time. Bit long tho.
Well this is really interesting:

Wave Global, Alpha Gamma solutions, Capital Marketing Events and Bone and marrow Co all have the same office location of 23-26 St Albans N1 0NX. How intriguing...
Hi Please avoid Team Jump Entrepreneurs. These is a pyramid scheme who prey on young naive people and brain wash them, it’s a door to door sales job attempting to get customers to switch there broadband. It’s a terrible company that needs to be shut down, they brain washes people to work 6 days a week 12 hours a day and it’s commission based only!

Good luck on your job search!
(edited 3 years ago)
Also registered at St Albans N1 0NX is The Win Agency which acts as a marketing agency representing huge clients but really its a direct marketing door to door sales scam on commission with 0 base pay.
Original post by artonthebrain99
Also registered at St Albans N1 0NX is The Win Agency which acts as a marketing agency representing huge clients but really its a direct marketing door to door sales scam on commission with 0 base pay.

No surprise, don’t know how they get away with it for so long
Reply 5
Hi I am from the UK, and I have applied for WAVE Global before, and I was 'lucky' enough that I was chosen for one of their interviews.

Right way you can understand from the conversation that there's nothing about marketing it's all about sales, calling people, the amount of people you call and make them change their broadband or anything you win more money. When I applied they used the name "Marketing Assistant" but now they changed, and it is "Event Marketing Assistant"; the time I had my interview wasn't only me, two more girls were in the Zoom call also to try to get the job and I was with a girl that had a marketing job already, so I tried to analyse her facial expressions (because I wasn't liking it, and I wanted to see if the other girls were finding the interview strange as well).

One of the things that really called my attention is when the marketing girl that was on the call said that the salary was not really what she was looking for, she was expecting more (because she had experience already) the answer was "Oh yes it is a bit small, but you can always apply for a Universal Credit to help you with your bills". At that moment all the alarms in my head where like NO this is bad. And about the salary they always talk that if you worked 'hard' and had many clients your salary would increase (pyramid scheme).

This is just the two main things that I can remember, but I am sure that was more stuff. I hope that people could talk more about it, but there's very little information online, most reviews are great but really similar to each other.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SquareandCircle
No surprise, don’t know how they get away with it for so long

To be allowed to advertised on Indeed and LinkedIn after being reported proper triggers me. Using the high unemployment rate to there gain. Sickening.
I ‘worked there for a week’ so bad to say the least, 12 hour days 5 days a week and then an 8 hour day on Saturday and yes they say they’re marketing but just salesman job with 0 base pay
Bone and marrow in which I’m talking about
Original post by Murphy890
I ‘worked there for a week’ so bad to say the least, 12 hour days 5 days a week and then an 8 hour day on Saturday and yes they say they’re marketing but just salesman job with 0 base pay
I worked for one of these firms years ago. The job posts are misleading and essentially you will be working 60 - 70 hour weeks doing door to door sales. There is no minimum wage and they get round this by having you work on a self employed basis. They promise you the earth and that you will be a 'manager' in 18 months. In reality hardly anyone makes any money or gets made up to manager, and out of the few that do, the majority will either fail or earn nowhere near to what is claimed. The only people making any money out of this sham are the people at the top of the pyramid.

The parent company is credico and there are thousands of these firms about. AVOID.
I worked for Wave Global for 1 day and I left it’s a HUGE SCAM
Wave Global employee reviews on GlassDoor. (Spoiler: utterly horrendous, but funny reading)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending