X78383/s
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i am currently in year 10 and going into year 11 in september. i have not done any revision for GCSE and i am aiming to get into a good college. the only problem is that i just struggle with sitting down and revising. i get easily distracted and revision bores me. i attend a private school which my parents are paying for and i dont want to let them down. the subjects i am doing are:
maths (Higher)
seperate science (higher)
english literature
english language
religious education
Urdu (Higher)
History
Please give me revision tips and any advice would be highly appreciated.
because...
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Omg, im doing literally all the same GCSEs except R.E, and im not sure if this helps but were kinda in the same boat all us yr 10s, but like maybe choose a short topic in any of those, and experiment with different things for the same topic, like maybe vids and writing notes, or maybe like songs that help with the topic on youtube (if u find it rlly hard to concentrate) and see which you can focus on for longest (with your phone and all distractions in another room)
then try and revise a little a day in the summer
Catlady5656
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
try as many different revision techniques. personally, I would say try recording yourself reading out revision notes or chapters from the textbooks and listen to the recordings while you're doing something else. if this doesnt work for you try making revision as interesting as possible, maybe active recall techniques such as flashcards. Since you struggle with sitting down and revising, tell yourself you aim to do only 5 minutes and you will find you may end up doing more revision than that. hope everything goes well.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by X78383/s)
i am currently in year 10 and going into year 11 in september. i have not done any revision for GCSE and i am aiming to get into a good college. the only problem is that i just struggle with sitting down and revising. i get easily distracted and revision bores me. i attend a private school which my parents are paying for and i dont want to let them down. the subjects i am doing are:
maths (Higher)
seperate science (higher)
english literature
english language
religious education
Urdu (Higher)
History
Please give me revision tips and any advice would be highly appreciated.
Hi X78383/s!

Our team created a thread of our revision tips. Click here and have a read and hopefully something will give you some motivation

Erin - Official Student Rep
nightedworld
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i’ve just finished year 12 so i did my gcse’s last year. i hated revising for them i found it so boring and i really struggle paying attention to anything. this may not work for you but i used to make my revision really creative (colourful headings, diagrams, highlighting ect) because it was more fun to do and look at when i was revising. other than that, i used to motivate myself to revise by watching study with me’s on youtube or gcse results videos which sounds ridiculous but it made me want to work harder 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.57%
I'm not sure (16)
3.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (153)
33.77%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.77%
I'm not a current university student (210)
46.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise