The Student Room Group

Degrees for applying to Accelerated Graduate Vet Med

Hi everyone!!
I just wanted to find out if anyone knows what kind of modules Accelerated Vet Med courses look for in your first degree?
I'm currently doing BSc Animal Behaviour and have taken a few zoology/evolution/medical sciences modules but I'm worried it won't be enough or if they want more chemistry?? If anyone has any insight into this it would be really handy!!
Hope everyone is keeping safe during these crazy times!
Hey! If you look at each particular vet school they all have different requirements for degrees! Some say they’ll accept any and some look at them on a case by case basis. I know RVC look for biological science degrees and Bristol have specific degree titles on their website and anything else is decided case by case. It might be if you think your course doesn’t have enough chemistry you have to apply for 5 year instead of accelerated courses but I would definitely email both of them and check! There’s also Edinburgh but the fees are a lot higher then!
Check the uni websites as they do list examples of suitable degrees but that is not exhaustive so they may just ask for your transcript to check as like you say, they often want to make sure you have taken some chemistry modules.
As above - check the uni's you're considering applying for as all have different requirements as to what degrees and modules within them they'll accept. If they are vague then I would directly email and ask if your module choices match their requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending